Compare 2013 Kia Sorento Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 26, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better auto insurance rates for your Kia Sorento? Finding better insurance prices for your Kia Sorento could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes for a Kia and find the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Drivers just need to know how to compare price quotes on the web.
Kia Sorento insurance rates consist of many parts
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money when buying insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and motor club memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Your location is important – Being located in a rural area can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Kia Sorento is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of insurers give discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information such as how many miles driven, if it has an anti-theft system, what your job is, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. That rating information is automatically sent to multiple insurance providers and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies have a common claim of big savings if you switch your policy.
How does each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk might be profiled as between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. Any new insured who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and most likely will save when switching.
Consumers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be quoted a higher premium and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can claim big savings. This emphasizes why drivers must compare many company’s rates. Because you never know the company that will give you the biggest savings on Kia Sorento insurance.
Cut prices on 2013 Kia Sorento insurance
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount very well, so we researched some of the more common and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance coverage for Sorento coverage.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Kia can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of companies offering insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance policy coverages for a 2013 Kia Sorento
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Sorento from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Kia Sorento.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hail damage, vandalism, hitting a bird and hitting a deer. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can compare 2013 Kia Sorento insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with the smaller companies.
When you buy insurance online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
More detailed insurance coverage information can be found at these sites:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area