Cheapest 2013 Maserati GranTurismo Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 11, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who cherishes buying auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high. Drivers have so many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it makes it harder to find the best rates.
How to Get Auto Insurance
There are multiple methods you can shop for 2013 Maserati GranTurismo auto insurance but one way is easier and takes less work. You can spend your afternoon driving to agents in your area, or you can utilize online quoting for quick rates.
Many companies take part in a program that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests for each company you want a rate for.
To get comparison pricing now click here to open in new window.
The only downside to comparing rates this way is you can’t choose the insurers to get quotes from. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare rates, we have assembled a list of low cost auto insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare identical information for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have differing limits it’s not possible to make a fair comparison for your Maserati GranTurismo.
Take Discounts and Save
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for GranTurismo insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less compared to accident-prone drivers.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts are:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my 2013 Maserati GranTurismo covered for smoke damage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- If my 2013 Maserati GranTurismo is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Maserati GranTurismo Rates are Complex
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining insurance coverage rates. Knowing what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
Listed below are some of the factors that factor into your rates.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on insurance coverage. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Liability coverage protects you – The liability section of your policy provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Many insurance companies will give a discount to customers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage might get you a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Where you live – Being located in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when buying insurance coverage. City drivers tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Men pay higher rates – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance coverage will be for GranTurismo insurance.
Learn About Insurance Coverages for a Maserati GranTurismo
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees, loss of income, medical services and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for collisions
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Maserati GranTurismo.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, fire damage and hitting a deer. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for things like EMT expenses, nursing services, funeral costs, dental work and prosthetic devices. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Shop. Compare. Save.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for 2013 Maserati GranTurismo insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a small local company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheap insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about insurance can be read by following these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if I’m involved in an accident with my Maserati GranTurismo?
If you’re involved in an accident with your Maserati GranTurismo, follow these steps:
- Ensure your safety and the safety of others involved. If necessary, move your vehicle to a safe location.
- Call emergency services if anyone is injured or if there is significant damage.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s) involved, including names, contact information, insurance details, and vehicle information.
- Document the accident scene by taking photos and gathering witness statements, if possible.
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to report the accident and initiate the claims process.
- Cooperate with your insurance company’s investigation and provide any necessary documentation or information.
- If necessary, consult with a legal professional to understand your rights and options.
Can I suspend my Maserati GranTurismo insurance coverage if I’m not using the car?
Insurance requirements vary by state, but in general, if your Maserati GranTurismo is registered and has valid license plates, you may be required to maintain insurance coverage even if you’re not using the car. However, some insurance companies offer options for suspending coverage temporarily, often referred to as storage or comprehensive-only coverage. This type of coverage may provide protection against perils like theft, fire, and vandalism while the vehicle is not being driven. It’s important to check with your insurance provider to see if this option is available and if there are any specific requirements or restrictions.
Will modifications or aftermarket parts affect my Maserati GranTurismo insurance rates?
Yes, modifications or aftermarket parts on your Maserati GranTurismo can potentially affect your insurance rates. Insurance companies typically consider modifications as factors that may increase the risk of accidents or make the vehicle more attractive to thieves. Examples of modifications include engine upgrades, suspension modifications, custom paint jobs, or aftermarket stereo systems. It’s important to disclose any modifications or aftermarket parts to your insurance company and understand how they may impact your coverage and premiums. Some insurers may offer specialized coverage options for modified vehicles, while others may require additional endorsements or charge higher premiums for modified cars.
How does the deductible affect my Maserati GranTurismo insurance rates?
The deductible is the amount you agree to pay out of pocket before your insurance coverage kicks in for a claim. Generally, choosing a higher deductible will lower your insurance premiums, while opting for a lower deductible will result in higher premiums. This is because a higher deductible means you are taking on more financial responsibility in the event of a claim, which reduces the risk for the insurance company. When considering the deductible amount, it’s important to assess your financial situation and choose a deductible that you can comfortably afford to pay if needed.
Can I get classic car insurance for my 2013 Maserati GranTurismo?
Yes, it’s possible to obtain classic car insurance for a 2013 Maserati GranTurismo. Classic car insurance is designed for vehicles that are considered collectible or have special value. Requirements for classic car insurance may vary among insurance companies, but generally, the vehicle needs to meet certain criteria, such as being a limited production model, maintaining a certain level of condition, and not being used for daily commuting. Classic car insurance often offers specialized coverage and may have different eligibility requirements and premiums compared to standard auto insurance.
Can I transfer my current insurance policy to a different vehicle if I decide to sell my Maserati GranTurismo?
Yes, you can generally transfer your current insurance policy to a different vehicle if you decide to sell your Maserati GranTurismo and purchase a new car. However, it’s important to contact your insurance company and inform them about the vehicle change as soon as possible. The insurance company will need the details of the new vehicle, such as make, model, and VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), to update your policy accordingly. The premium for the new vehicle may be different based on factors such as the replacement value, safety features, and the car’s history. It’s always recommended to contact your insurance provider to ensure proper coverage during the transition.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area