Cheapest 2013 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody I know likes paying for insurance coverage, especially when the cost is way too high.
There are many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates for SLK-Class insurance last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance coverage on the web, but I’m going to show you the easiest ways to find affordable insurance coverage.
Locating the cheapest coverage is not that difficult. Essentially every vehicle owner who is required by state law to have car insurance will be able to find better rates. But car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Discounts on 2013 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums for SLK-Class insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts, click this link.
Free Quotes for Insurance Coverage
Performing a rate comparison can take hours if you don’t know the most efficient way to do it. You could spend your day talking to insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many companies enroll in a system that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and every company can give them a price for coverage. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here to open in new window.
One minor caviat to doing it this way is you can’t choose which insurance companies to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare, we put together a list of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just compare exactly the same quote information for each price quote. If your comparisons have mixed coverages it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
Elements that influence Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some insurance coverage companies provide better rates to insureds who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you file claims often, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies give cheaper rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Sex matters – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. They both tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Big city or small town – Residing in less populated areas can save you money when buying insurance coverage. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more miles you rack up on your Mercedes-Benz each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your insurance coverage policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your SLK-Class can cost quite a bit.
- Special features that cut premiums – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Beware of misleading insurance ads
Insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate regularly use ads on television and other media. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings if you move to their company. How do they all make the same claim?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a preferred risk could be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t meet the requirements will be charged a more expensive rate which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can state the savings.
That is why you should quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class insurance.
Car insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of car insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from getting keyed, theft, falling objects, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical expenses, court costs, medical services and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses like chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, hospital visits and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
You can do this!
Cost effective 2013 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class insurance is definitely available both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in the articles below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area