Cheapest 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Purchasing low-cost insurance on the web can seem to be rather challenging for people who are new to comparing rates online. With so many choices of insurance companies available, how can you possibly compare the different rates to find the best price?
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Land Cruiser coverage than less cautious drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of providers offering car insurance discounts, click this link.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways to get quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to find the lowest 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The fastest way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This method keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for every auto insurance company. One form submission will return price quotes direct from many companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more difficult way to compare rate quotes requires visiting each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let’s say you want rates from Progressive, GEICO and GMAC. To get each rate you have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverages for every quote you compare. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may cause a big price difference. It’s important to know that more quotes will increase your chances of finding the best price.
Your Toyota Land Cruiser insurance rate is a complex equation
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent car theft.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Frequent insurance claims increase rates – Auto insurance companies give better rates to people who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Where you reside plays a part – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- If my 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
How can Allstate, GEICO and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Auto insurance providers like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. They all have a common claim about savings if you switch your policy. How can each company make the same claim?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For example, a profitable customer could be a mature driver, is a homeowner, and has a short commute. A propective insured who fits that profile receives the best rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don’t meet the requirements must pay higher prices and ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do. This illustrates why it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. It is impossible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Toyota Land Cruiser insurance rates.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your Land Cruiser caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, bail bonds and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like doctor visits, nursing services, surgery, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Toyota Land Cruiser.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Best coverage at the best price
You just read some good ideas how to save on 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver or even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser in 2023?
Enter your ZIP code on our website to view companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates.
What discounts are available to lower auto insurance rates?
Auto insurance companies offer various discounts that can help lower your rates. Here are some examples:
- Good driver discount
- Good student discount
- Multi-policy discount
- Anti-theft device discount
- Safety feature discount
- Low mileage discount
- Defensive driving course discount
How can I compare auto insurance quotes from different companies?
There are multiple ways to get quotes from auto insurance companies:
- Use the internet to compare rates: You can easily compare rates online in just a few minutes.
- Contact local insurance agents: Talk to licensed insurance agents in your area.
- Request quotes directly from insurance companies: Contact insurance companies and request quotes.
What factors influence the insurance rates for my 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser?
Several factors can impact your insurance rates, including:
- Your driving record
- Your age and gender
- Your location
- The coverage options you choose
- The deductible amount
- The value of your vehicle
- Your credit history (in some states)
Do I need professional guidance to choose the right insurance coverage for my vehicles?
Choosing the right insurance coverage depends on your specific needs. Here are some questions to consider:
- Do you know the different types of coverage available?
- Do you understand the terms and conditions of your policy?
- Are you aware of your state’s minimum insurance requirements?
- Do you have any specific concerns or unique circumstances?
How do companies like Allstate, GEICO, and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Insurance companies advertise savings when you switch because they can offer preferential rates to certain types of drivers. They often target customers who are homeowners, have a good driving record, or meet specific criteria that make them more profitable. However, the best way to find the cheapest rates is to compare quotes from multiple companies.
What are some common auto insurance coverages and what do they include?
- Comprehensive coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle caused by events other than collision, such as vandalism or hitting a bird.
- Collision coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability coverage: Provides protection if you cause damage or injury to other people or their property.
- Medical payments coverage and PIP (Personal Injury Protection): Reimburse you for immediate medical expenses resulting from an accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage: Protects you if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who has no insurance or inadequate coverage.
How can I get the best coverage at the best price?
It’s important to compare quotes from different insurance companies to find the best coverage at the best price. Make sure you’re comparing the same coverage options and deductibles for accurate comparisons. Additionally, consider increasing your deductible or bundling multiple policies to potentially lower your premiums. Remember, it’s crucial to have sufficient coverage even if you’re trying to save money.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area