2013 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 2, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta are $1,228 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $230, collision insurance costs $380, and liability coverage costs $460. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $510 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,654. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,754 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,228
Rate estimates for 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2013 Volkswagen Jetta models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $510 for just liability coverage to a much higher rate of $2,654 for a high risk driver.
These differences demonstrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Trying to find lower auto insurance rates for your Volkswagen Jetta? Are you confused by the wide range of auto insurance choices? Many other drivers are as well. You have so many options available that it can be a real challenge to compare prices.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Buying affordable protection is simple if you know the tricks. Although consumers must understand the way insurance companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
These factors can influence Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- Liability coverage is cheap – The liability section of your policy will protect you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- More claims means more premium – Companies generally give discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Special features that cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on auto insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Volkswagen has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
How to Get Insurance Coverage Comparison Quotes
All major insurance coverage companies quote price estimates on their websites. Obtaining pricing is pretty painless as you simply type in your required coverages into a form. After you submit the form their rating system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
This helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the lowest price.
The better way to compare rates
The easiest way to compare insurance coverage pricing requires only one form that gets prices from several companies at one time. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes price shopping online much more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, it is rated and you are able to buy your choice of the resulting price quotes.
If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To compare rates using this form now, click here to open in a new tab and complete the simple form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you are getting rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when buying auto insurance on Jetta coverage.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on Jetta coverage than drivers with accident claims.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2013 Volkswagen Jetta?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- If my 2013 Volkswagen Jetta is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is my Volkswagen Jetta covered if I use it for business?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Volkswagen Jetta.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical expenses, emergency aid, bail bonds and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, damage from flooding and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills like ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses, nursing services and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Jetta resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Stretch your dollar
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices and extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to compare 2013 Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,941|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,097|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$84|
|5-yr Claim Free||$79|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$51|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.