Cheapest 2014 BMW X1 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance rates for your BMW X1? Have you fallen victim to overpriced insurance? Trust us, many consumers feel financially strained by their insurance policy.
You have so many insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates.
You should make it a habit to compare prices periodically due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest price on X1 insurance two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Finding Car Insurance
There are several ways of comparing rates from different insurance companies. The recommended way to compare 2014 BMW X1 insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. A single, simple form compares rates from several companies.
- A more time consuming way to shop for car insurance online is spending the time to visit each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Auto-Owners, Safeco and GMAC. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverages for each comparison quote. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your BMW X1. Slightly different insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparison shopping, quoting more will increase your chances of finding a better price.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Distant Student – Children living away from home attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of companies with discount car insurance rates, click here to view.
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my 2014 BMW X1 covered for smoke damage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other people or property. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things like court costs, structural damage and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses for things like ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a broken windshield, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your BMW X1.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors determine the insurance rates for a 2014 BMW X1?
Insurance rates for a 2014 BMW X1 are determined by several factors, including the driver’s age, driving record, location, insurance history, coverage options, deductibles, and the value of the vehicle. Other factors that may influence rates include the X1’s safety features, repair costs, theft rates, and overall claims history for this model.
Is the insurance rate for a 2014 BMW X1 higher compared to other vehicles?
The insurance rates for a 2014 BMW X1 can vary depending on various factors. While BMWs are generally considered luxury vehicles, the rates for the X1 may be lower compared to other models in the BMW lineup. The X1 is classified as a compact luxury SUV, and insurance rates can be influenced by factors such as the model’s safety features, repair costs, and theft rates. It’s advisable to compare quotes from different insurance providers to determine the specific rates for the 2014 BMW X1.
Are there any specific discounts available for insuring a 2014 BMW X1?
Insurance companies may offer various discounts that can help lower the insurance rates for a 2014 BMW X1. Some potential discounts include multi-policy discounts, safe driver discounts, discounts for certain safety features on the vehicle, and loyalty discounts for long-term customers. Contact insurance providers to inquire about available discounts.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2014 BMW X1?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2014 BMW X1, it is recommended to shop around and obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers. Contact different insurance companies directly, use online comparison tools, or consult with an insurance broker who can gather quotes on your behalf. Comparing rates and coverage options will help you find the most competitive offer.
Are there any specific insurance providers known for offering competitive rates for luxury vehicles like the 2014 BMW X1?
Insurance rates can vary among providers, and the competitiveness of rates may change over time. It is advisable to research and compare quotes from various insurance companies that specialize in luxury or high-end vehicle coverage. Look for providers with experience in insuring luxury vehicles to find the best rates for the 2014 BMW X1.
Can I adjust my coverage options to lower the insurance rates for a 2014 BMW X1?
Adjusting your coverage options can potentially impact the insurance rates for a 2014 BMW X1. However, it is important to carefully consider the potential risks and benefits of reducing coverage, as it may leave you financially vulnerable in case of an accident or other incidents. It is advisable to consult with an insurance professional to determine the appropriate coverage levels for your needs.
Are there any specific precautions I can take to potentially lower the insurance rates for a 2014 BMW X1?
Some precautions that may help lower insurance rates for a 2014 BMW X1 include maintaining a clean driving record, installing safety features such as anti-theft devices, parking in a secure location, and completing defensive driving courses. Additionally, bundling your BMW X1 insurance with other policies or increasing your deductibles may also lead to lower premiums.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area