2017 BMW X1 Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 12, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper auto insurance rates for your BMW X1? No sane person anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is too high.
Lots of insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest cost out there.
You should take the time to compare rates at least once a year because auto insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best rates on X1 coverage a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out how to quote online to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using these tips. Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. But car owners can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to sell online and use this information to your advantage.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick almost all companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide details including the type of vehicles you drive, marital status, how much you drive, and what you do for a living. That information is automatically sent to multiple top-rated companies and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
To find lower rates now, click here then complete the form.
Auto insurance policy discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off on X1 coverage with some auto insurance companies.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% on X1 coverage compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because newer models are generally safer.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small discount on rates on X1 coverage.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you affordable auto insurance.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, driver training, federal employee, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including annual mileage, accident-free, multi-policy, professional/association, anti-theft, location of vehicle, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, switch companies, homeowner, teen driver, youthful driver, pay in full, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including multiple vehicles, company car, paid in full, safe vehicle, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly retired, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, teen driver discount, and safety features.
- SAFECO discounts include bundle discounts, multi-car, teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- USAA has savings for annual mileage, safe driver, family discount, multi-vehicle, new vehicle, driver training, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in every state. For a list of auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird and theft. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills like surgery, pain medications and funeral costs. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like court costs, attorney fees, emergency aid, loss of income and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your X1 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Be a money saver!
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents. Cheaper 2017 BMW X1 insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Much more information about insurance coverage is located below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area