Chevrolet Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind likes paying for insurance, especially when their premiums are too high.
Numerous insurers battle for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to get the cheapest price
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Buying car insurance is quite easy. But vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage Comparison
There are multiple methods to compare 2014 Chevy Cruze insurance coverage prices but one way is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a lot of time talking to insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize online quoting to quickly compare rates.
Many insurance companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and at least one company can give them a price for coverage. This eliminates the need for quote forms for each company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to using this type of form is you can’t choose which companies to get pricing from. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies to request quotes from, we have a listing of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverage information for every company. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when price shopping your coverage, quoting more will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% on Cruze insurance.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on Cruze insurance.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
Companies who might offer these discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in every state.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Factors influencing Chevy Cruze insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping car theft.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on Cruze insurance.
- Are you male or female? – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Chevy Cruze earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Cruze may be costing you. Verify your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage will get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to file a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some car insurance companies provide better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Big city or small town – Being located in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when it comes to car insurance. City drivers regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run television and radio advertisements. All the companies say the same thing about savings if you change to them. How do they all say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured might be a mature driver, owns a home, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Consumers who are not a match for these standards will be charged more money and ends up with business not being written. The ads state “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings.
That is why it is so important to compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for liability – This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things such as court costs, loss of income, medical expenses and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, dental work and doctor visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Cruze from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a broken windshield, damage from flooding and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you many ways to shop for 2014 Chevy Cruze insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Much more information about insurance coverage can be found on the following sites:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area