Cheapest 2014 Hyundai Veloster Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower car insurance rates for your Hyundai Veloster? Trying to find low-cost insurance for a new or used Hyundai Veloster could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for a Hyundai and locate the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Locating affordable coverage can be fairly easy. Drivers just need to learn the proper way to compare price quotes online.
Getting a cheaper price on 2014 Hyundai Veloster insurance is not rocket science. All that’s required is to invest a little time to compare quotes online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form eliminates the need for separate quotes for every insurance company. One form gets you coverage quotes from multiple low-cost companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes requires a visit to each individual company website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare Farmers, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, make darn sure you compare exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If each company quotes differing limits you will not be able to decipher which rate is best.
Do you qualify for these six discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will forgive one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- American Family
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available everywhere.
Don’t Assume Everyone Needs The Same Coverage
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Detailed Coverages of Your Insurance Policy
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like emergency aid, loss of income, medical services and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, doctor visits, hospital visits, dental work and X-ray expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
One Last Thing About Your Coverage
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare 2014 Hyundai Veloster insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
More information can be found at these links:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area