Cheapest 2014 Kia Soul Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Kia Soul insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Kia and find the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. The purpose of this article is to help you learn how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. Drivers only need to know the best way to get comparison rates on the web.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before being credited. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Companies who might offer these discounts include:
Double check with each company how you can save money. Some discounts might not be offered in your state.
Factors that might impact rates for a Kia Soul
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like lawyers, executives and dentists have the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and long work hours. Other jobs such as actors, historians and performers get better rates on Soul insurance.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies generally give lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Kia Soul earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Just one citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers with serious tickets such as DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Marriage brings a discount – Getting married can actually save you money on auto insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like structural damage, pain and suffering, attorney fees, court costs and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Soul resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a building, rolling your car, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Kia Soul.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Shop around and save
You just learned many ways to lower your 2014 Kia Soul insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I pay less for Kia Soul insurance?
You can take advantage of discounts offered by insurance companies. Some discounts are automatically applied when you get a quote, while others need to be specifically requested. It’s important to note that not all discounts apply to the entire policy premium, and they may only reduce specific coverage prices.
What are some common discounts available for Kia Soul insurance?
Common discounts for Kia Soul insurance may include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, anti-theft device discounts, and vehicle safety feature discounts. However, the availability of discounts may vary depending on the insurance company and the state you live in.
What factors can impact the rates for Kia Soul insurance?
Several factors can influence the rates for Kia Soul insurance. These factors may include your age, driving record, location, annual mileage, coverage limits, deductibles, and the insurance company’s rating system. It’s important to understand these rating factors as they can affect the cost of your insurance premiums.
What is liability coverage?
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you cause to others or their property in an accident. It does not cover damage to your own vehicle.
What is comprehensive auto insurance?
Comprehensive coverage pays for damage to your vehicle caused by events such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters. It typically has a deductible.
What is collision insurance?
Collision insurance covers damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with another object or vehicle. It also usually has a deductible.
What is uninsured or underinsured coverage?
Uninsured or underinsured coverage protects you when the at-fault party in an accident does not have sufficient insurance to cover your expenses. It can help with medical bills and vehicle damage.
What is medical payments coverage?
Medical payments coverage (or personal injury protection) reimburses you for immediate medical expenses resulting from an accident. It can cover expenses not covered by your health insurance.
How can I save money on my Kia Soul insurance rates?
To save money on your Kia Soul insurance rates, it’s recommended to shop around and compare quotes from different insurance companies. The more quotes you compare, the higher the chances of finding the best rate. However, it’s important not to sacrifice coverage just to reduce premiums. Make sure you have adequate coverage for your needs while seeking the best price.
What are the common coverages available on an auto insurance policy for a Kia Soul?
Common coverages available on an auto insurance policy for a Kia Soul may include liability coverage, comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers, and coverage for medical expenses. Liability coverage protects you from damages you cause to others, while comprehensive and collision coverage protect your vehicle from different types of damage. Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers provides protection when the at-fault party has insufficient insurance, and coverage for medical expenses helps cover immediate medical costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area