2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Overpriced Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class insurance can dwindle your bank account, especially in this economy. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Because there are so many choices, it is very difficult to pick the most affordable insurer.
It’s a great practice to compare prices periodically due to the fact that insurance rates change frequently. If you had the best rates for GLK-Class insurance a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about insurance coverage online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a lot of great tips on how to quit paying high insurance coverage rates.
Compare Quotes for Car Insurance
Getting better 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class car insurance pricing is not a difficult process. Consumers just need to take time comparing rates provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for separate forms for each company. Just one form will get you rate comparisons from many national carriers.
- A harder way to analyze rates is to manually visit the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, Farmers and Allstate. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use apples-to-apples quote information on every quote you get. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best.
These discounts can slash car insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits are:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
Before buying, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply in your state.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your GLK-Class caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for things like hospital visits, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hail damage, fire damage, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as legal defense fees, emergency aid, funeral expenses and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
One last thing
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to get a better price on 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cheap insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
More learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area