Cheapest 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance rates for your Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class? No one in their right mind enjoys paying for insurance, especially when they are paying too much. There are many car insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it makes it harder to find a good deal.
Finding the lowest cost protection is quite easy. If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Consumers only need an understanding of the best way to compare prices online.
Pay less for Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less for GLK-Class coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- College Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in every state.
Free Insurance Quotes
All major insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give price estimates on their websites. Getting online rates is quite easy as you simply type in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on these and other factors. Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but having to visit multiple sites and complete many quote forms is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the lowest price.
There is an easier way!
A more efficient way to locate the lowest prices uses one simple form to return rates from more than one company. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes rate comparisons much easier. After your information is entered, it is quoted with multiple companies and you can pick any of the quotes returned.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The entire process just takes a couple of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To find out what other companies charge, click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the coverage information identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance covers damage to your GLK-Class caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like theft, damage from flooding and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like EMT expenses, pain medications and doctor visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like pain and suffering, medical expenses, emergency aid, legal defense fees and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class insurance is possible online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Use our FREE quote tool to compare rates now!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices and coverage options. Different companies may offer varying rates based on their assessment of risk factors.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Having a good driving history, free from accidents and traffic violations, can help lower your insurance premiums.
- Increase your deductibles: Opting for higher deductibles means you’ll pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim, but it can lower your monthly premium costs.
- Bundle your policies: If you have other insurance policies, such as homeowners or renters insurance, consider bundling them with your auto insurance. Many insurance companies offer discounts for bundling multiple policies.
- Install safety features: Some insurance providers offer discounts for safety features like anti-theft devices, anti-lock brakes, and airbags. Installing these features in your GLK-Class could lead to lower insurance premiums.
- Drive fewer miles: If you have a low annual mileage, you may qualify for a low-mileage discount. Insurance companies often consider drivers with lower mileage to be less at risk for accidents.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask your insurance provider about any additional discounts you may qualify for. This could include discounts for being a good student, having a clean credit history, or being a member of certain organizations.
Are there specific insurance companies known for offering affordable rates for a 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class?
Insurance rates can vary among companies, and what may be affordable for one driver may not be the same for another. However, some insurance companies are generally recognized for offering competitive rates and discounts. It’s advisable to request quotes from these insurers and compare them to find the most affordable option for your specific circumstances. Some reputable insurance companies known for their competitive rates include Geico, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and USAA (for military members and their families).
Does the cost of insurance for a 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class vary based on the model’s trim level or specific features?
Yes, the cost of insurance for a 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class can vary based on the model’s trim level and specific features. Insurance companies consider various factors when determining rates, including the vehicle’s value, horsepower, safety features, and repair costs. Higher trim levels or additional features might lead to higher insurance premiums since they generally increase the cost of repairs or replacement parts. It’s recommended to discuss these details with your insurance provider to get a more accurate estimate for your specific GLK-Class model.
Are there any specific factors that could make insuring a 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class more expensive?
Yes, several factors could potentially increase the cost of insuring a 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class:
- High-value vehicle: The GLK-Class is a luxury SUV, and insurance for luxury vehicles generally tends to be more expensive due to higher repair costs.
- Cost of parts: Mercedes-Benz parts are typically more expensive compared to non-luxury vehicles, which can impact insurance rates.
- Advanced features: The GLK-Class may come equipped with advanced features such as collision avoidance systems, adaptive cruise control, or lane departure warning. While these features enhance safety, they can also increase repair costs, potentially leading to higher insurance premiums.
- Driving record: If you have a history of accidents or traffic violations, your insurance rates may be higher regardless of the vehicle you drive, including the GLK-Class.
- Location: Insurance premiums can vary based on your location due to factors such as local crime rates, population density, and the likelihood of accidents. Urban areas may have higher insurance costs compared to rural areas.
- Age and driving experience: Younger or inexperienced drivers often face higher insurance rates, as they are statistically more likely to be involved in accidents.
Can I lower my insurance costs for a 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class by taking a defensive driving course?
Yes, completing a defensive driving course could potentially lower your insurance costs for a 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class. Many insurance providers offer discounts to drivers who have completed an approved defensive driving course. These courses teach advanced driving techniques that can help reduce the risk of accidents. Check with your insurance company to find out if they offer a discount for completing a defensive driving course and which courses they consider acceptable for the discount.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area