Cheapest 2014 Nissan Frontier Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you intimidated by the crazy number of car insurance company choices? Many other drivers are as well. You have so many options available that it can quickly become a big hassle to locate the lowest price.
Pricing cheaper insurance can be fairly easy. Basically, everyone who is shopping for insurance will be able to find better rates. But drivers must understand how the larger insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Free Quotes for Insurance
Comparing insurance rates can be exhausting if you don’t know the easiest way. You could waste time talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you could use online quoting to get prices fast.
Many companies take part in a program where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests to every company.
To find out how much you can save on insurance click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to getting quotes like this is buyers cannot specifically choose the insurers to get quotes from. If you would rather choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we have a listing of insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use identical coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you have different values for each quote you can’t possibly determine the best price for your Nissan Frontier. Slightly different coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when comparing insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes will enable you to find lower pricing.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before being credited.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better insurance rates on Frontier insurance.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Student in College – Any of your kids living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Driver Safety – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers offering insurance discounts, click here.
These factors can influence what you pay for Nissan Frontier insurance
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – The majority of insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Where do you drive? – The more you drive every year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Frontier may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Your credit score is a huge factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your 2014 Nissan Frontier by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Older drivers save more – Youthful drivers are known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Older insureds are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
The auto insurance bait and switch
Auto insurance providers like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. They all say the same thing of big savings if you switch to them. How do they all claim to save you money?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a desirable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Drivers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher rates which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can truthfully state the savings.
This emphasizes why you should get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Nissan Frontier insurance.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of car insurance helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your Frontier caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like rock chips in glass, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and a broken windshield. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, ambulance fees, prosthetic devices, hospital visits and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Save your hard earned cash
Discount 2014 Nissan Frontier insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get free quotes for insurance?
You can obtain free insurance quotes by using online quoting tools where you enter your coverage information and receive competitive quotes from multiple companies.
Should I compare quotes from different insurance companies?
Yes, comparing quotes from different insurance companies is essential to find the best price for your insurance. The more quotes you compare, the better chances you have of saving money.
Are there discounts available that can help me save on insurance?
Yes, insurance companies offer various discounts that can help reduce your premium. Some discounts are applied automatically, while others need to be requested. Make sure to ask about available discounts.
What factors can influence the cost of Nissan Frontier insurance?
Several factors can impact the price you pay for Nissan Frontier insurance, including your driving record, age, location, coverage limits, deductibles, and the insurance company’s rating factors.
Do I need special coverages for my Nissan Frontier?
The insurance coverage you need for your Nissan Frontier depends on your specific needs and circumstances. It is recommended to assess your requirements and consult with a licensed agent to determine the appropriate coverage.
How do insurance companies claim to save you money when switching?
Insurance companies have preferred profiles for drivers that are more profitable for them. They advertise savings based on customers who meet their preferred criteria. To find the best savings, it’s important to obtain quotes from a wide range of insurance companies.
What are the different coverages in a car insurance policy?
- Collision coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability coverage: Protects you against claims from others for damage or injury caused by an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle from non-collision events such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: Provides protection if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who has no insurance or insufficient coverage.
- Medical payments or personal injury protection (PIP): Covers medical expenses for you and your passengers regardless of fault.
How can I save money on car insurance?
Compare quotes from different insurance companies. Take advantage of available discounts. Consider raising your deductibles. Maintain a good driving record. Bundle your car insurance with other policies. Pay your premium in full or choose electronic billing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area