2014 Nissan GT-R Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2014 Nissan GT-R are $1,598 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $356 each year, collision costs $716, and liability costs $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $438 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $3,486. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,818 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,598
Rate estimates for 2014 Nissan GT-R Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2014 Nissan GT-R models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $438 for a discount liability-only rate to a high rate of $3,486 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why all drivers should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2014 Nissan GT-R Insurance
Trying to find cheaper auto insurance rates for your Nissan GT-R? Nobody I know enjoys paying for auto insurance, in particular when they are paying too much.
Popular companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings, bombarding you with catchy ads and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the best price on GT-R insurance two years ago there may be better deals available now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance on the internet, so I’m going to show you some proven techniques to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage Comparison
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest 2014 Nissan GT-R insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the best ways to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form will return price quotes direct from many companies.
- A more time consuming way to find lower rates requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Auto-Owners, Farmers and GMAC. To get each rate you have to go to every website and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method of comparing rate quotes is to spend time driving to local insurance agencies. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. Drivers can find lower rates online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever way you use, be sure to compare identical quote information for every company. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one you can’t possibly find the best deal for your Nissan GT-R. Just a small difference in coverage limits may result in large price differences. It’s important to know that comparing more company’s prices helps you find the best price.
Save on 2014 Nissan GT-R insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance on GT-R insurance.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of providers with discount insurance rates, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Car insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses such as prosthetic devices, dental work, funeral costs, EMT expenses and nursing services. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like fire damage, a broken windshield and hitting a bird. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your GT-R caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like scraping a guard rail, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers claims like pain and suffering, loss of income, legal defense fees, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Nissan GT-R.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,526|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,733|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$127|
|5-yr Claim Free||$106|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$80|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.