Nissan Nissan GT-R Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower auto insurance rates? Drivers have options when trying to find affordable Nissan GT-R insurance. They can either waste time calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Nissan and get the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to compare rates periodically since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on GT-R coverage a year ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
This information will let you in on how to get online quotes. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Consumers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare prices online.
Free Quotes for Insurance
Finding a lower price on 2009 Nissan GT-R insurance is actually quite simple. You just have to take time to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This type of form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form will get you price quotes from many national carriers. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more time consuming way to get quotes online requires a trip to each company’s website and request a quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want rates from Auto-Owners, Safeco and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but be sure to compare identical coverage information on every quote. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to determine the best price for your Nissan GT-R.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be manually applied before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on GT-R coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurers who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I rate my 2009 Nissan GT-R as pleasure use or commute?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2009 Nissan GT-R?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance ads bend the truth
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings by Allstate and Progressive. All the ads have a common claim about savings after switching to their company.
But how can every company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable customer might be profiled as between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to these standards will be charged higher rates and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
That is why you should get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict which company will have the lowest Nissan GT-R insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, structural damage and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills like rehabilitation expenses, surgery and X-ray expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Nissan GT-R.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, damage from flooding, hail damage, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
You just read many tips how you can lower your 2009 Nissan GT-R insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with an unexpected company.
Cheap insurance is available online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area