Lower Your 2015 Chevrolet Spark EV Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have a choice when trying to find affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Chevy and find the lowest possible price.
It’s smart to price shop coverage at least once a year because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Spark EV coverage a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some solid techniques on how to slash your car insurance rates.
If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can use this information to find better prices while maximizing coverage. This article will let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance. Drivers only need an understanding of how to find the lowest price online.
Why your Chevy Spark EV insurance rates may be high
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in better insurance coverage rates.
Listed below are some of the items insurance coverage companies consider when setting premiums.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying insurance coverage. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Even a single moving violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- One company can mean more discounts – Most companies will give a discount to customers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your policy. It means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder car theft.
- Frequent insurance coverage claims increase rates – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies award better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Best discounts on Chevy Spark EV coverage
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% on Spark EV coverage.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Are auto insurance companies telling the truth?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make an identical promise that you can save if you change your coverage to them.
How does each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that is profitable for them. An example of a profitable customer might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has excellent credit. A propective insured who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile must pay a higher premium and ends up with business not being written. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. This is how companies can make those claims.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to get as many quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Chevy Spark EV insurance.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation may require specific advice.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is my Chevy Spark EV covered if I use it for business?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2015 Chevy Spark EV is totaled?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like nursing services, pain medications and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, a broken windshield, hail damage and falling objects. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Chevy Spark EV.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as court costs, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Spark EV resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Smart consumers save more
The cheapest 2015 Chevy Spark EV insurance can be purchased online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices and being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area