2015 Ford Explorer Insurance Quotes – 8 Tips to Save
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 8, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance rates for your Ford Explorer? I can’t think of a single person who likes having to buy insurance, particularly when their premiums are too high.
Drivers have multiple car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to find a good deal.
This article will help you learn how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. But car owners do need to understand the way companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Insurance Coverage Comparisons
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways of comparing rates and find the best price. The best way to find the cheapest 2015 Ford Explorer insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form will return quotes from many national carriers.
- A more difficult way to find lower rates is to manually visit each company’s website and request a quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Allstate, Esurance and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest method of comparing rate quotes is to waste gas driving to different agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the trained guidance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area.
Whichever way you use, make sure you use exactly the same information with every price quote. If your comparisons have mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Quoting even small variations in limits may result in large price differences. And when price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find lower pricing.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2015 Ford Explorer?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Liability auto insurance
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as attorney fees, court costs, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses like pain medications, surgery and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a deer, hitting a bird and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Explorer resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area