Cheapest 2015 Honda Pilot Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Honda Pilot? Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your Honda every month? You are no different than millions of other consumers. You have so many auto insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, it makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a current auto insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to find better prices and still get good coverage. Drivers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare company rates online.
How to Get Insurance Comparison Quotes
Shopping for lower insurance rates is a ton of work if you don’t know the most efficient way. You could waste a few hours talking to agents in your area, or you could save time and use the web to maximize your effort.
Most of the best insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company can provide price quotes. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions to every company. To participate in this free quote system, click here to open in new window.
The one downside to comparing rates this way is you can’t choose which providers you want pricing from. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies for rate comparison, we have a page of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you’re using exactly the same information with every price quote. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best.
How to reduce Honda Pilot insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Pilot coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on Pilot coverage.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Savings might not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Some factors that can determine what Honda Pilot insurance costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
- Never go without insurance – Not having insurance is illegal and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of insurance companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect usage on your Pilot may be costing you.
- How your age affects price – Teen drivers tend to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2015 Honda Pilot?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you change to them.
How do they all say the same thing?
All companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk could be over the age of 40, a clean driving record, and has great credit. Any new insured who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile must pay more money and this can result in business not being written. The ads state “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can make those claims. This illustrates why you should compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, loss of income, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2015 Honda Pilot.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, prosthetic devices, surgery and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your Pilot caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a building and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
The bottom line
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We just covered a lot of techniques to save on 2015 Honda Pilot insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a small mutual company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area