2015 Hyundai Sonata Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Hyundai Sonata? No one in their right mind enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
Since consumers have many online and local companies to choose from, it can be hard to choose the most affordable car insurance company.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around at least once a year since insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best price for Sonata coverage two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. So just block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Shopping for more affordable coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Essentially every driver who carries car insurance will most likely be able to find lower rates. But consumers need to learn how insurance companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
All the larger insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive quote pricing on their websites. Getting online quotes is fairly simple as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their system collects your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on these factors. Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but having to visit different websites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s very important to do this in order to get better prices.
Rate comparisons made easy
The preferred way to find better insurance pricing uses one simple form that obtains quotes from a lot of companies. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable and efficient. After sending the form, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the price quotes you receive.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. This process takes less than 15 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here and complete the simple form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will receive a rate comparison for exact coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper 2015 Hyundai Sonata insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy for Sonata coverage.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Own a Home – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% for Sonata coverage depending on your company.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Hyundai can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers who offer insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2015 Hyundai Sonata?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2015 Hyundai Sonata?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2015 Hyundai Sonata is totaled?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Elements that influence Hyundai Sonata insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Increase deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Hyundai from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be for Sonata coverage.
- Older drivers pay less – Older insureds are more responsible, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some insurers provide better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Don’t listen to company ads
Car insurance providers like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. They all make an identical promise about savings if you switch your coverage to them. How can each company say the same thing?
All companies can use profiling for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a desirable insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and therefore will save when switching.
Drivers who are not a match for the requirements will be quoted higher rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why you should quote coverage with many companies. You cannot predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Hyundai Sonata insurance.
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like pain and suffering, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for funeral costs, dental work, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and nursing services. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a broken windshield, hitting a bird, hitting a deer, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Hyundai Sonata.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This pays for damage to your Sonata caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Keep this in mind
We just presented a lot of techniques to save on 2015 Hyundai Sonata insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the best price on insurance coverage is with a small local company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
The cheapest insurance can be found both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance coverage companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area