2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Insurance Rates – 9 Discounts for Cheapest Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance coverage rates for your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid? Paying for high-priced Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance can drain your bank account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Because there are so many choices of insurance companies, it’s difficult to pick the cheapest insurer.
It’s smart to compare prices occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal for Sonata Hybrid coverage two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
Buying car insurance is not rocket science. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Nevertheless, consumers should learn how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates takes advantage of the fact almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as coverage limits, driver details, whether you have decent credit, and the make and model of your vehicles. Your rating data is automatically sent to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes instantly.
These nine discounts can slash insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Sonata Hybrid coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates for Sonata Hybrid coverage.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in every state.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is my 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid covered for flood damage?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, a broken windshield and vandalism. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance covers damage to your Sonata Hybrid resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, backing into a parked car and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, dental work, EMT expenses, hospital visits and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Feed the piggy bank
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area