2015 Toyota Camry Insurance Rates
Average insurance rates for a 2015 Toyota Camry are $1,380 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs on average $262 a year, collision costs $530, and liability insurance costs $430. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $486 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $3,006. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,246 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,380
Rate estimates for 2015 Toyota Camry Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2015 Toyota Camry models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $486 for only liability insurance to a high of $3,006 for high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why it is important for drivers to compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Companies will appear below. Click here to view full page.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2015 Toyota Camry Insurance
Finding the cheapest insurance for your Toyota Camry can be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Toyota and find the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage quite often due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best deal for Camry insurance two years ago you may be paying too much now. There is too much inaccurate information about auto insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get the best ways to find affordable auto insurance.
Discounts are basically free money
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but some must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
Recommended Companies for the Best Insurance Rates
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying auto insurance for Camry insurance.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
To see a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Toyota Camry insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. Understanding what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
- Your spouse saves you money – Getting married can get you a discount on your insurance policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- More people means more accidents – Living in a small town can be a good thing when buying insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Only having one moving violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving with no insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If the Toyota Camry has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Camry insurance.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Your credit rating is a important factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2015 Toyota Camry by improving your credit score.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies say the same thing that you can save if you switch to them.
How can each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be between 25 and 40, is a homeowner, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Consumers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher premiums and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get as many quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest Toyota Camry insurance rates.
Car insurance policy coverages for a 2015 Toyota Camry
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, bail bonds, medical services and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses for things like surgery, ambulance fees, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, vandalism and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Camry from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
You can do this!
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims and being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Low-cost 2015 Toyota Camry insurance is attainable on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Find the Cheapest Quotes in Your Area
Get multiple rate quotes instantly and find your cheapest rate
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,181|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,361|
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$103|
|5-yr Claim Free||$90|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$63|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.