Cheapest 2016 Cadillac SRX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you have an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say many consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy. Consumers have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to compare rates.
Find hidden discounts on auto insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all disounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy car insurance online.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote car insurance for SRX coverage depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Student in College – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
Remember that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include pay in full, good student, distant student, bundle discounts, teen driver, switch companies, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, safe vehicle, good driver, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, seat belt use, federal employee, anti-theft, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts for multi-car, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, homeowner, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new move discount, safety features, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, newly retired, and multi-car.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To choose insurance companies that offer some of these discounts, click here to view.
How to get the cheapest car insurance
Lowering your 2016 Cadillac SRX car insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. You just have to take time comparing free car insurance quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done by following the guidelines below.
- One of the fastest ways to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This quick form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons from car insurance companies with the best prices.
- A harder way to shop for car insurance online requires visiting the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll assume you want to get rates from State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. In order to compare rates, you need to spend time on each company’s site and repeatedly type in your coverage information, which can be really labor intensive. For a list of companies in your area, click here.
- If you have time to kill, the last way to comparison shop is going to all the different insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the guidance of a local agency. However, consumers can price shop your coverage online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Compare rates however you want, just be certain you are entering identical information for every company. If you are comparing different deductibles you will not be able to make an equal comparison.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
The ad said I’d save $388 a year!
Consumers can’t get away from ads for cheaper insurance coverage from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to make the point about savings just by switching your insurance coverage policy to them.
How does each company make almost identical claims? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Insurance coverage companies have underwriting criteria for the type of insured that will most likely be profitable. For example, this type of insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries high limits, and has excellent credit. A propective insured that matches those criteria will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot if they switch.
Consumers who do not meet this ideal profile will be charged higher premiums which leads to the customer buying from a different company. The trick companies use is to say “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can lure you into getting a quote.
This really emphasizes why you really need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s impossible to know the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Cadillac SRX.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like loss of income, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, medical services and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like surgery, funeral costs and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hail damage, rock chips in glass and theft. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Better coverage you can count on
We just presented a lot of tips how to shop for 2016 Cadillac SRX insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive car insurance. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Discount 2016 Cadillac SRX insurance can be found both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
Additional learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find hidden discounts on auto insurance?
Many car insurance companies offer various discounts that may not be prominently advertised. To uncover these hidden discounts, it’s important to inquire with each insurance company about the discounts you may qualify for. Remember that discounts often apply to specific coverages, such as liability, collision, or medical payments, and may vary depending on your location. To find insurance companies that offer these discounts, you can use our free quote tool by entering your ZIP code.
How can I get the cheapest car insurance for a 2016 Cadillac SRX in 2023?
To lower your car insurance rates for a 2016 Cadillac SRX, it’s recommended to compare free car insurance quotes from multiple insurance companies. By comparing rates online and providing identical information to each company, you can make an equal comparison. Keep in mind that choosing the right coverage for your specific needs is crucial. Tailor your auto insurance coverage accordingly to ensure you’re getting the best value for your money.
How do I know if I need professional advice when buying auto insurance coverage?
Selecting the right insurance coverage can be complex, and it’s important to ensure it aligns with your specific needs. If you find it challenging to answer questions about coverages or if you want personalized guidance, it’s advisable to consult a licensed insurance agent. You can easily find an agent in your area by completing a short form or visiting our website. Speaking with an agent will provide you with the answers and assistance you need to make informed decisions about your auto insurance.
Why do insurance companies claim I can save a specific amount per year by switching to them?
Insurance coverage companies often advertise potential savings to attract customers. However, it’s important to understand that these claims are typically based on certain underwriting criteria. Companies may target customers who fit a specific profile, such as being between the ages of 30 and 50, having high limits, and excellent credit. If you match this ideal profile, you may indeed experience significant savings by switching. However, it’s crucial to compare price quotes at each policy renewal to ensure you’re getting the best deal available.
What are the basic coverage options in an auto insurance policy?
Auto insurance policies offer different types of coverage. Here are some common coverages you will come across:
- Collision Coverage: Pays for damages to your vehicle resulting from collisions with other cars or objects. You will be responsible for paying the deductible, and the insurance company covers the remaining damage.
- UM/UIM Coverage: Provides protection when you’re involved in an accident with a driver who doesn’t carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for your injuries and damage to your vehicle.
- Liability Insurance: Covers injuries or damages you cause to others in an accident. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
- Medical Payments and Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Reimburses immediate medical expenses, such as surgery and funeral costs, for you and your passengers. It can also cover expenses not covered by your health insurance or if you don’t have health insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle from events other than collisions, such as theft, hail damage, or rock chips.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area