Cheapest 2016 Jeep Patriot Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 18, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance coverage rates for your Jeep Patriot? Pricey Jeep Patriot insurance can draw down your checking account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing rates annually is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to tighten up your finances.
There are many car insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance coverage.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates on a regular basis since prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest quotes on Patriot coverage on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. There are a lot of ways to save on insurance coverage on the internet, but I’m going to show you some guaranteed methods to lower your insurance coverage bill.
Get lower rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Patriot coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable their insurance coverage company to analyze driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance coverage policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular insurance coverage companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
- American Family discounts include air bags, Steer into Savings, good driver, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, federal employee, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, driver training, air bag, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not apply in your area. To locate providers who offer cheap insurance coverage quotes, follow this link.
Lower your insurance costs
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Just one citation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers who have multiple violations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Do you know your physical damage deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you have to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance on Patriot coverage.
- Annual miles impacts prices – The more you drive your Jeep each year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your Patriot may be wasting your money. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Save money with high credit – A driver’s credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores. So if your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2016 Jeep Patriot by repairing your credit.
- Big cities mean more claims – Being located in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Car insurance liability protection limits – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Occupation can influence rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs such as military generals, executives and emergency personnel generally have higher average rates due to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, careers like farmers, athletes and performers receive lower rates on Patriot coverage.
- Remove unneeded extra coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
What is the best insurance coverage coverage?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Big name companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads in print and on television. All the companies have a common claim about saving some big amount if you move your policy. How do they all lower your prices?
Most companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of customer they prefer to insure. An example of a profitable insured might be between 25 and 40, has other policies, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Anybody who fits that profile may get the lowest car insurance rates and will cut their rates if they switch.
Insureds who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher premiums and the customer buying from a different company. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save money. That is how companies can truthfully make those claims.
This really illustrates why you need to get insurance coverage quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will have the best car insurance rates at this point in time.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a broken windshield, theft and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Patriot.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Patriot from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like ambulance fees, nursing services, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Cost effective 2016 Jeep Patriot insurance is available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
When you buy insurance coverage online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area