Cheapest 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance rates? Consumers have options when looking for affordable Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class insurance. They can either waste time calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for a Mercedes-Benz and get the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
Cut your premium with these seven discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Distant Student – Kids in college who live away from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% on GLE-Class coverage with a few insurance companies.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% on GLE-Class coverage.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurers offering insurance discounts, click this link.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your GLE-Class resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with a tree, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses like prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, theft and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, bail bonds, attorney fees and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Online plus local equals savings
Lower-priced 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to save on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class in 2023, you can follow these steps:
- Compare quotes online: Use online insurance comparison tools to compare quotes from different insurance companies. Enter accurate information about your Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class and your coverage needs.
- Review coverage options: Consider the coverage options and limits that best suit your needs. Ensure you have adequate coverage to protect yourself and your vehicle while searching for affordable rates.
- Ask about discounts: Inquire with each insurance company about any available discounts that you may qualify for. Many insurance companies offer discounts for factors such as safe driving, multi-policy bundling, and anti-theft devices.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Avoid accidents, traffic violations, and claims to maintain a clean driving record. Insurance companies often offer lower rates to drivers with a history of safe driving.
- Increase deductibles: Opting for higher deductibles can lower your insurance premiums. However, be sure you can afford to pay the deductible if you need to make a claim.
What are some common car insurance discounts for a 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class?
Car insurance companies offer various discounts that can help you save on your premiums for a 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class. Here are some commonly available discounts:
- Safe driver discount: This discount is awarded to drivers who have a clean driving record and no recent accidents or traffic violations.
- Multi-policy discount: If you have multiple insurance policies with the same company, such as auto and home insurance, you may qualify for a discount.
- Anti-theft device discount: If your Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class has anti-theft devices installed, such as an alarm system or tracking device, you may receive a discount.
- Good student discount: Full-time students with good grades may be eligible for this discount.
- Low mileage discount: If you don’t drive your Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class frequently, you may qualify for a discount.
- Affinity group discount: Some insurance companies offer discounts to members of certain organizations or professional groups.
Remember to inquire with each insurance company about the specific discounts they offer, as eligibility criteria may vary.
How can I get an accurate insurance quote for my 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class?
To get an accurate insurance quote for your 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class, provide accurate and detailed information about your vehicle and personal circumstances. Consider the following tips:
- Provide accurate vehicle information: Include the make, model, year, and any safety features or modifications installed in your Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class.
- Describe your usage: Specify how you use your vehicle, whether it’s for commuting, pleasure, or business purposes. Accurate usage information ensures an accurate quote.
- Provide accurate personal information: Insurance companies consider factors such as your age, location, driving history, and credit score when calculating your premium. Ensure the information you provide is accurate and up-to-date.
- Consider your coverage needs: Determine the coverage options and limits that best suit your needs. This helps you get an accurate quote based on the specific coverage you require.
Is it necessary to have comprehensive and collision coverage for a 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class?
Comprehensive and collision coverage are not legally required, but they can provide valuable protection for your 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class. Here’s a breakdown of these coverages:
- Comprehensive coverage: This coverage protects your vehicle against damage caused by events other than collisions, such as theft, vandalism, fire, or natural disasters. If you want coverage for non-collision-related damages, comprehensive coverage is advisable.
- Collision coverage: This coverage pays for repairs or replacement of your Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class if it’s damaged in a collision with another vehicle or object. If you want coverage for collision-related damages, including accidents, collision coverage is advisable.
Whether or not you should have comprehensive and collision coverage depends on your personal circumstances, including your budget, the value of your Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class, and your risk tolerance. Consider factors such as the cost of repairs or replacement, your driving habits, and the prevalence of theft or vandalism in your area.
What factors should I consider when choosing auto insurance for my 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class?
When choosing auto insurance for your 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class, consider the following factors:
- Coverage options and limits: Evaluate the coverage options available, such as liability, comprehensive, collision, and medical payments coverage. Determine the appropriate coverage limits based on your needs and budget.
- Insurance company reputation: Research the reputation and financial stability of the insurance companies you’re considering. Look for customer reviews, ratings, and the company’s track record in handling claims.
- Cost of premiums: Compare quotes from multiple insurance companies to find the most competitive premiums. However, remember that price should not be the only factor when selecting insurance. Consider the overall value and coverage offered.
- Customer service: Assess the quality of customer service provided by the insurance companies. Look for prompt and reliable claims handling, availability of customer support, and ease of communication.
- Discounts and benefits: Inquire about available discounts and additional benefits offered by the insurance companies. These can help you save money and enhance your coverage.
- Deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses: Consider the deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses associated with the insurance policy. Higher deductibles can lower premiums, but make sure you can afford the deductible if you need to file a claim.
By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision and choose the auto insurance that best meets your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area