Cheaper 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 15, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance rates for your Mercedes-Benz E-Class? No one in their right mind loves paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that it costs too dang much. Due to the abundance of companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the most cost effective insurance company.
Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Drivers just need to learn how to buy car insurance on the web.
How to shop insurance online
All the larger insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide coverage prices on their websites. The process is quite easy as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into a form. Once you submit the form, their rating system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on these and other factors. This simplifies rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit several different sites and type in the same information is a big time waster. But it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the best price on insurance.
A more efficient way to locate the lowest prices is to use a quote form to obtain quotes from a bunch of companies at once. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes price shopping online a lot less work. After sending your information, it is quoted and you are able to buy any one of the pricing results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. This process takes 15 minutes at the most and can result in significant savings.
In order to find out what other companies charge, click here and submit the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you are getting rate quotes based on similar coverages.
You may qualify for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden insurance savings.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease on E-Class coverage with select insurance companies.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get lower premium rates on E-Class coverage.
- Online Discount – A few insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable driving data collection to monitor driving manner by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a lower price if you buy life insurance from them.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
Remember that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies that may include these benefits include:
- American Family
- The Hartford
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
Get more affordable insurance with these tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in better insurance rates. Lots of factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine prices.
- Get married and get better prices – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your insurance policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Use credit responsibly and save – A driver’s credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class by improving your credit score. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Having an incorrect usage rating on your E-Class may be wasting your money. Verify your insurance policy shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Keep insurance rates low by being claim-free – Car insurance companies give cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be rearending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on E-Class coverage.
- How much liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if you are responsible for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Optional features that cut rates – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Big names are not always cheapest
Consumers can’t get away from ads that claim the lowest auto insurance rates by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all state the claim about savings just by moving your coverage.
That’s great but how can every company charge you a lower premium? This is the way they can do it.
Most companies quote the lowest rates for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. An example of a profitable customer could be married and over the age of 30, has a clear driving record, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A customer who matches that profile will get a cheap rate quote and have a good chance to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who do not match these stringent criteria will get a more expensive rate and the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “people that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much. This is how companies can truthfully make those statements. That is why you really should get insurance quotes as often as possible. It’s not possible to predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as attorney fees, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your E-Class resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a deer, rock chips in glass, fire damage and a broken windshield. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like funeral costs, surgery, nursing services and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class insurance can be bought on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so get free insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class insurance prices. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional information is available below:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area