Cheapest 2016 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Mercedes-Benz S-Class could be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy.
There is a better way to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Mercedes-Benz and locate the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Buying the cheapest coverage is quite easy. Drivers just need to learn how to buy auto insurance on the web.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Most are applied when you purchase, but a few need to be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates for S-Class coverage.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student in College – Kids in college who live away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in your area.
The best way to compare rates is to know the fact most of the bigger providers allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including daily mileage, the type of vehicles you drive, what your job is, and how you use your vehicles. The data gets sent immediately to many different companies and you should receive rate quotes immediately.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
- Lower rates come with age – Young drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so insurance coverage rates are higher. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Car insurance companies give lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – A driver’s credit rating is a important factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2016 Mercedes-Benz S-Class by improving your credit score.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many insurance coverage companies provide better rates to customers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2016 Mercedes-Benz S-Class is totaled?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your S-Class resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims like loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees, dental work and doctor visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Save for a rainy day
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective 2016 Mercedes-Benz S-Class insurance is attainable online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
We covered many ways to lower your insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with a small mutual company.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located by following these links:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insuring your Mercedes-Benz S-Class can be costly, but there are discounts available that you may not be aware of. It’s important to explore and take advantage of all eligible discounts to lower your overall premium. While most discounts are automatically applied, some may require you to inquire about them. Keep in mind that not all discounts apply to the entire cost of your policy, and some may only apply to specific coverages. It’s worth checking with your insurance company to determine which discounts you qualify for.
What are some common insurance discounts for a Mercedes-Benz S-Class?
Some common insurance discounts you may be eligible for when insuring a Mercedes-Benz S-Class include:
- Multi-policy discount: If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company, such as auto and home insurance, you may qualify for a discount.
- Safe driver discount: Insurance companies often offer discounts to drivers with a clean driving record and no recent accidents or traffic violations.
- Anti-theft device discount: If your Mercedes-Benz S-Class has anti-theft devices installed, such as an alarm system or tracking device, you may receive a discount.
- Good student discount: Full-time students with good grades may be eligible for this discount.
- Low mileage discount: If you don’t drive your Mercedes-Benz S-Class frequently, you may qualify for a discount.
- Affinity group discount: Some insurance companies offer discounts to members of certain organizations or professional groups.
Remember to check with your specific insurance company to determine the discounts they offer and the eligibility criteria for each discount.
What factors can influence insurance rates for a Mercedes-Benz S-Class?
Several factors can influence insurance rates for a Mercedes-Benz S-Class. These factors include:
- Age and driving experience: Younger drivers and those with less driving experience generally have higher insurance rates.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary depending on where you live due to factors such as population density, crime rates, and accident frequency in your area.
- Vehicle value: The value of your Mercedes-Benz S-Class can impact insurance rates, as more expensive vehicles typically cost more to repair or replace.
- Safety features: Having safety features in your S-Class, such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, and electronic stability control, can lead to lower insurance rates.
- Driving record: A history of accidents, traffic violations, or claims can result in higher insurance rates.
- Coverage and deductibles: The coverage options and deductibles you choose can affect your insurance rates. Opting for higher coverage limits or lower deductibles typically leads to higher premiums.
What coverages should I consider for my Mercedes-Benz S-Class?
When insuring your Mercedes-Benz S-Class, it’s important to consider the following coverages:
- Liability coverage: This coverage is typically required by law and helps protect you if you cause injury or property damage to others in an accident.
- Collision coverage: This coverage pays for repairs or replacement of your S-Class if it’s damaged in a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage: This coverage protects against damage to your S-Class from non-collision events, such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This coverage helps protect you if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who has insufficient insurance coverage.
- Medical payments coverage: This coverage helps pay for medical expenses if you or your passengers are injured in an accident.
The specific coverages you choose depend on your individual needs and budget. It’s recommended to discuss your options with an insurance agent to ensure you have adequate coverage for your Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
How can I find cost-effective insurance for my 2016 Mercedes-Benz S-Class?
To find cost-effective insurance for your 2016 Mercedes-Benz S-Class, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare rates and coverage options. Online comparison tools can be helpful for this purpose.
- Explore discounts: Inquire about available discounts and see if you qualify for any. These can help lower your insurance premiums.
- Consider higher deductibles: Increasing your deductibles can lower your premiums, but make sure you can afford the deductible amount if you need to file a claim.
- Maintain a good driving record: Safe driving habits can help you qualify for lower insurance rates. Avoid accidents and traffic violations.
- Review your coverage needs: Assess your coverage needs and consider the value of your vehicle. If your S-Class is older, you may consider adjusting or removing certain coverages like collision or comprehensive.
Remember, it’s important to strike a balance between affordable premiums and adequate coverage for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area