Cheapest 2017 Chevrolet Volt Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If you are new to online price comparisons, it’s easy to get confused by the crazy number insurance agents and companies offering insurance.
You should take the time to compare prices quite often because rates change quite often. If you had the best deal on Volt insurance last year you may be paying too much now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some guaranteed methods to put money back in your pocket.
Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. In a nutshell, anyone who shops for car insurance most likely will be able to save money. Although drivers need to learn how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online.
Finding car insurance
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The simplest method to find cheaper 2017 Chevy Volt rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This is very easy and can be done by using one of the methods below.
- The fastest and easiest way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for every prospective company. Completing one form gets insurance cost estimates from car insurance companies with the best prices. This is by far the quickest method.
- Another way to shop for car insurance online requires a visit to the website for every company you want to comare and get a separate price quote. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to see prices from GEICO, Farmers and Progressive. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your information, which can be really labor intensive.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- Even if you have time, the least recommended way to compare rates is to waste gas driving to different agent offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the extra assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Drivers can compare the best prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
However you get your quotes, do your best to use the same quote information for every quote you compare. If you have different values for each quote you can’t possibly find the best deal for your Chevy Volt. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages may cause a big price difference. Just keep in mind that more quotes helps you find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
Does insurance advertising bend the truth?
Respected companies like Allstate and Progressive seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. All the companies make the point about saving some big amount if you get a free car insurance quote and switch your insurance coverage to their company. How can each company say the same thing?
Insurance providers require specific criteria for the type of insured that will generate a profit. For example, a desirable risk may be between the ages of 30 and 50, has other policies, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Any customer who fits that profile will get the preferred car insurance rates and most likely will save some money.
Insureds who don’t measure up to the requirements may be forced to pay more expensive rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen closely, the ads state “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can make those claims. That is why you really need to get car insurance quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest prices.
Cheap insurance coverage rates with discounts
Insurance coverage can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may allow you to get discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your car insurance quote.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the premium cost.
Some companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
If you need the cheapest car insurance quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in every state. For a list of insurance coverage companies with discount rates, click here to view.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Is my trailer covered?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Does my 2017 Chevy Volt need full coverage?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Chevy Volt
Having a good grasp of auto insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills like funeral costs, doctor visits, pain medications, ambulance fees and dental work. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, funeral expenses, structural damage and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Volt resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Saving money is sweet as honey
In this article, we covered many ways to compare 2017 Chevy Volt insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost car insurance. You may even find the lowest rates are with a small mutual company.
As you quote car insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious 2017 Chevy Volt insurance is possible both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide price quotes online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area