How Much Does 2017 GMC Yukon Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better car insurance rates for your GMC Yukon? Getting lower-cost car insurance can appear to be impossible for consumers who are beginners to quoting and comparing prices on the web. With so many options of insurance companies available, how can consumers efficiently compare them all to find the best available price?
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. This information will teach you how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. Although drivers must know how insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Learn how to lower your insurance prices
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Teenage drivers are expensive to insure – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Don’t cancel your auto insurance policy without a new one in place – Driving any period of time without insurance is a misdemeanor and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If the GMC Yukon scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount when buying auto insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Do you have enough liability insurance? – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are responsible for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Credit rating impacts premium rates – Credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2017 GMC Yukon by improving your rating.
- Prevent theft and save – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart theives such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- City dwellers may pay more – Residing in areas with lower population is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Buy auto insurance online
To find low cost prices, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from all the different companies. The recommended way to do a complete rate comparison is to perform an online rate comparison. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- Hands down the most simple method to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This form keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company. Taking the time to complete one form gets rate comparisons instantly. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online requires you to visit the website of each company and get a separate price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare prices for GEICO, State Farm and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and punch in your information repeatedly, which can get rather old. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
The approach you take is up to you, just ensure you’re using identical information with every price quote. If you have mixed coverages it will be nearly impossible to decipher which rate is best. Slightly different coverage limits could skew the results. Just keep in mind that quoting more helps locate a lower rate.
Car insurance discounts are available to slash your rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but some must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with several vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums on Yukon coverage.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount should help reduce your overall bill.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, good student, good driver, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, good student, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, five-year accident-free, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-theft, homeowner, safe driver, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Is my 2017 GMC Yukon covered for flood damage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2017 GMC Yukon?
- What is PIP insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses such as hospital visits, EMT expenses, pain medications and doctor visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a bird, fire damage, falling objects and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your GMC Yukon.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Yukon from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like medical expenses, bail bonds, medical services and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
We just presented a lot of tips how to reduce 2017 GMC Yukon insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable insurance. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Cheaper 2017 GMC Yukon insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you need to shop insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide rate quotes online and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area