Cheapest 2017 Volkswagen Passat Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Volkswagen Passat? Are you tired of being strong-armed to insure your Volkswagen every month? You are in the same boat as many other consumers.
Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and it is difficult to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Compare car insurance rate quotes online
Many insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get prices on their websites. Getting prices online is very simple as you just type in the coverages you want into the form. Once entered, the system orders reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on these and other factors. This makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit multiple sites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. But it is imperative to do this in order to get the best price possible.
A quicker way to find cheaper rates uses just one form that gets price quotes from several different companies. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes comparison shopping a little more enjoyable. As soon as the form is sent, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the pricing results.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes 15 minutes at the most and may save quite a bit of money.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, click here and enter your information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
Car Insurance Discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies who may offer these discounts are:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
If you want affordable car insurance quotes, ask every company how you can save money. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. For a list of insurers that offer discounts, click here.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Why your insurance rates might be higher
Lots of things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
- Frequent insurance claims will cost you – Auto insurance companies generally give cheaper rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- Having a spouse equates to better prices – Getting married may cut your premiums when shopping for insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Know your credit history – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in determining your rates. If your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2017 Volkswagen Passat by repairing your credit. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Cheaper premiums for prior coverage – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Teen drivers cost more – Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims .Inexperience drivers are known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Does your vocation raise your rates? – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs such as fire fightersair traffic controllers and medical professionals usually pay higher premium rates because of job stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs like farmers, engineers and retirees pay lower than average rates for Passat insurance.
- Where you call home factors in – Being located in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and more severe claims. More time behind the wheel means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Responsible drivers pay lower costs – Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Even one citation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have serious citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Car insurance policy coverages for a 2017 Volkswagen Passat
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This pays for damage to your Passat from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as court costs, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and falling objects. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses like ambulance fees, chiropractic care, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and doctor visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Feed the piggy bank
In this article, we presented many ways to lower your 2017 Volkswagen Passat insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. They often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Cheaper 2017 Volkswagen Passat insurance is available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Use our FREE quote tool to compare rates now!
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 2017 Volkswagen Passat?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 2017 Volkswagen Passat. These include the driver’s age, driving record, location, insurance history, coverage options selected, and the level of deductible chosen. Additionally, the model and trim of the Passat, as well as its safety features and theft deterrents, can also impact the insurance rates.
Is it true that insurance rates for a 2017 Volkswagen Passat can vary based on the driver’s location?
Yes, insurance rates can vary based on the driver’s location. Factors like population density, crime rates, and frequency of accidents in the area can influence insurance premiums. Generally, urban areas tend to have higher insurance rates compared to rural areas.
Can driving history affect the cost of insurance for a 2017 Volkswagen Passat?
Yes, your driving history can impact insurance costs. If you have a history of accidents or traffic violations, your premiums may be higher. Maintaining a clean driving record and taking defensive driving courses can help reduce insurance costs over time.
Can bundling insurance policies with the same provider lead to cheaper rates for a 2017 Volkswagen Passat?
Yes, bundling multiple insurance policies, such as home and auto insurance, with the same provider can often result in discounted rates. It’s worth exploring bundling options to potentially save on your 2017 Volkswagen Passat insurance.
Is it advisable to compare quotes from different insurance companies for a 2017 Volkswagen Passat?
Yes, comparing quotes from different insurance companies is highly recommended. Insurance rates can vary significantly among providers, so obtaining multiple quotes allows you to find the best coverage options and rates for your 2017 Volkswagen Passat.
Are there any additional ways to reduce insurance costs for a 2017 Volkswagen Passat?
Yes, aside from the aforementioned steps, maintaining a good credit score, installing anti-theft devices, avoiding modifications to your vehicle, and limiting annual mileage can potentially help reduce insurance costs for your 2017 Volkswagen Passat.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area