Cheap 2018 Volkswagen Passat Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Being forced to pay for expensive car insurance premiums can stress out your checking account and make it tough to pay other bills. Many auto insurance companies compete for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to discover the definitive lowest rate possible.
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers only need an understanding of the tricks to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost car insurance quotes
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may be able to get a discount up to 10% on Passat coverage.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in safe driver could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should sucessfully take a drivers education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Sign Early and Save – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your home and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, good student, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, driver’s education, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
- Allstate may have discounts that include anti-theft, passive restraint, eSmart discount, auto/life discount, new car, early signing, and 55 and retired.
- Nationwide has discounts for anti-theft, easy pay, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, good student, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver
If you need affordable insurance coverage quotes, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my Volkswagen Passat covered if I use it for business?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for things like funeral costs, dental work and doctor visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Passat.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, bail bonds, court costs and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a broken windshield, rock chips in glass, falling objects, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage covers damage to your Passat caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Don’t throw your cash in the trash
Discount 2018 Volkswagen Passat insurance is available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare 2018 Volkswagen Passat insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area