BMW BMW X3 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shopping for affordable insurance over the internet may be challenging for beginners to shopping for insurance online. With so many options of companies in the marketplace, how can people have time to compare all the different companies and get better prices?
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. The purpose of this post is to tell you how to effectively get price quotes. But consumers need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Finding auto insurance
When shopping for inexpensive car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from companies that offer auto insurance in your state. The best method to compare rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- One of the fastest ways to find low rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for every auto insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a trip to the website of each company and repeat the quote process again and again. For instance, we’ll pretend you want rates from USAA, GEICO and Allstate. To do that, you would have to visit each site and repeatedly type in your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The last way to get comparison rates is making phone calls or going to local insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you require the advice and guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can price shop online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just ensure you’re using equivalent coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you have different data it will be next to impossible to determine which company has the best rates. Having just a slight variation in limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance. Some regional insurers cannot provide online price quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
Drivers save money with these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for several vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of larger companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your overall bill.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, good student, membership and employees, seat belt use, and driver training.
- USAA discounts include driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, military installation, defensive driver, and vehicle storage.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance offers discounts including Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, anti-theft, claim free, paid-in-full, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for teen driver, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, mature driver, bundle discounts, business and professional, and switch companies.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, student away at school, passive restraint, good driver, multiple policy, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts, click this link.
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your BMW X3.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for X-ray expenses, surgery, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as attorney fees, structural damage and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area