2019 BMW X3 Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your BMW X3? Think you have overpriced car insurance? Trust us when we tell you there are many people just like you.
Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO continually hit you with catchy ads and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
You need to quote other rates at least once a year because car insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal on X3 coverage six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is lot of inaccurate information about car insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ways to lower your car insurance rates.
Finding insurance coverage
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. The fastest way to do a complete rate comparison is to perform an online rate comparison. This is very easy and can be done by using one of the methods below.
The most efficient way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form. This style of form eliminates the need for separate quotes for each company you want a rate for. One form will return quotes direct from many companies.
A different way to compare prices requires you to visit each company website and repeat the quote process again and again. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from State Farm, 21st Century and Allstate. In order to compare rates, you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which can be really labor intensive.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just do your best to use the exact same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote. If your comparisons have different deductibles it will be nearly impossible to determine which company has the best rates. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates. Some smaller insurers to not give prices over the internet, so it’s important to compare price quotes from those companies as well.
Big brands don’t always mean big savings
Companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on television and other media. They all seem to make an identical promise about how much you will save after switching your car insurance coverage to their company. How does every company lower your premium rates? It’s all in how they say it.
Many companies have strict underwriting profiles for the right customer that earns them the highest profit. An example of a desirable risk might be described as married and over the age of 30, has never had a claim, and has a short commute. Any customer that matches those criteria will probably get the lowest premium rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who may not quite match the ideal profile may be forced to pay higher premium rates with the end result being the customer buying from someone else. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
That is why drivers must compare quotes as often as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
How you can control BMW X3 insurance premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Many insurance companies will award better rates for people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Your occupation may affect prices – Occupational choices like doctors, business owners and financial analysts tend to have higher rates than average due to intense work situations and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like scientists, historians and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average on X3 coverage.
- Small claims can cost you – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies award better rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Is insurance cheaper for men or women? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Both genders have auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Optional features can affect prices – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you some money. Systems that thwart theives such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart vehicle theft.
Discounts can really help lower rates
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very well, so here is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your BMW may allow you to get lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease on X3 coverage with some insurance companies.
- Student Discounts – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- College Student Discount – who live away from home at college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags may get savings as much as 30%.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Theft Deterent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a car insurance quote.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above include:
Check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your area. For a list of insurance companies with discount rates, enter your zip code here.
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete your zip code.
Specific coverages for a BMW X3
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical expenses, court costs, emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2019 BMW X3.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for things like chiropractic care, pain medications, X-ray expenses and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, fire damage and theft. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your X3 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Quote often and quote early
While you’re price shopping online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Lower-priced insurance coverage is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, so get free car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies.
More detailed insurance coverage information is located in the articles below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area