Cheap 2018 Jeep Wrangler Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 20, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Jeep Wrangler? Nobody looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, particularly when the price is too high. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, having more insurers makes it harder to find the best rates.
It’s smart to do price comparisons every six months because auto insurance prices tend to go up over time. If you had the best quotes on Wrangler insurance six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance out there, but we’re going to give you a bunch of ideas how to lower your auto insurance premiums.
Reduce Your Auto Insurance Rates with Discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but a few need to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a insurance quote.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for signing up online.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off on Wrangler insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
A little note about advertised discounts when you’re shopping for 2018 Jeep Wrangler insurance, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will help lower your policy premium.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
- Farm Bureau
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Auto-Owners Insurance
When quoting, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be available in your area. If you would like to see a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers participate in a system to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide information such as if it has an alarm system, if you are currently licensed, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, and how many miles driven. Your rating data is instantly provided to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
You are Unique and Your Auto Insurance Should Be Too
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2018 Jeep Wrangler?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. Understanding what’s covered for your 2018 Jeep Wrangler and the insurance cost relative to that coverage is an important step in getting a new policy.
Learn About Insurance Coverages for a Jeep Wrangler
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical services, loss of income, court costs and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Jeep Wrangler.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like falling objects, damage from flooding and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Wrangler resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like nursing services, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and surgery. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Don’t Break the Bank
Some car insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies. Cost effective 2018 Jeep Wrangler insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area