2018 Mazda CX-5 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2018 Mazda CX-5 are $1,352 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs around $284 each year, collision costs $494, and liability costs $416. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $474 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,924 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,080 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,352
Rate estimates for 2018 Mazda CX-5 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Mazda CX-5 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $474 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a high rate of $2,924 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences show why all drivers should compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2018 Mazda CX-5 Insurance
Want better insurance coverage rates for your Mazda CX-5? Purchasing lower priced insurance coverage can seem to be problematic for comparing and buying insurance coverage over the internet. With such a large number of online companies, how are vehicle owners expected to have time to compare every insurance coverage company to find the best pricing?
Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. Just about everyone who has to buy insurance coverage will more than likely be able to reduce their rates. Although drivers must know how the larger insurance companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Why your insurance premiums might be higher
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Where you call home plays a part – Having an address in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when buying insurance. People who live in big cities have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims
- Getting married pays dividends – Being married can actually save you money on your insurance policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Don’t cut corners with liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if you are found liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Does car insurance cost less for women? – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Credit history impacts premium prices – An insured’s credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your insurance rates. Consumers who have good credit tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2018 Mazda CX-5 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Miles impacts rates – Driving a lot of miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. A policy that improperly rates your CX-5 can cost quite a bit.
- Teenagers are high risk – Young drivers are known to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a first-time driver onto your insurance will cause a huge premium hike. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims , and usually have better credit.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons is to understand most larger insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information including how much you drive, if you lease or own, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and if you require a SR-22. That rating data is automatically sent to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes instantly.
Insurance coverage policy discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a safe driver class may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% on CX-5 coverage compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with a break if you buy life insurance.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get insurance coverage quotes online.
- Online Discount – Some insurance coverage companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get insurance coverage on your computer.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance coverage statement.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who agree to allow their company to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance coverage policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
If you would like to view insurers that offer some of these discounts, enter your zip code here.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2018 Mazda CX-5?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and enter your zip code.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mazda CX-5.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses for things like ambulance fees, EMT expenses, nursing services, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and hitting a deer. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, attorney fees, pain and suffering, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Keep this in mind
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, high prices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
Discount 2018 Mazda CX-5 insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare 2018 Mazda CX-5 insurance car insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,139|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,313|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$98|
|5-yr Claim Free||$87|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$61|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.