2018 Toyota Camry Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 19, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you burned out from scraping the payments together to pay for high 2018 Toyota Camry Car Insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different from millions of other people.
People have many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to adequately compare rates.
Buying the best coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Essentially, everyone who buys insurance coverage will more than likely be able to reduce their rates. But consumers must understand how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web.
Cheapest 2018 Toyota Camry Car Insurance Coverage Quotes
There are a couple of different ways of comparing rates from companies that offer insurance coverage in your state. By far, the easiest way to find the lowest 2018 Toyota Camry cost rates is to jump online and get quotes. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of minutes, as outlined below.
- Without a doubt, the easiest way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form. This style of form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for every company. Taking the time to complete one form will return quotes from insurance coverage companies with the best prices.
- A more time-consuming way to shop for insurance coverage online consists of going to each individual company’s website and go through the quote process again. For example, we’ll pretend you want rates from Farmers, Liberty Mutual and American Family. In order to compare rates, you need to take the time to go to each site to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which can be really labor-intensive.
The method you choose is up to you, but be certain you are entering exactly the same coverage with every price quote. If you are comparing different data, it will be next to impossible to make a fair rate comparison. Quoting even small variations in limits can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping for your coverage, comparing more quotes will enable you to find better pricing. Some smaller insurers to not give online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
Insurance Coverage Discounts are Available to cut Your Rates
Insurance coverage is not an enjoyable expense, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but once in a while, a discount must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates if your claim’s history is clear for a specific time period.
- Airbags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a auto insurance quote.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% on Camry coverage with select insurance companies.
- Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy cost.
Larger insurance coverage companies and a selection of discounts are:
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, driver training, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, multi-policy, accident-free, location of vehicle, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for mature drivers, electronic funds transfer, homeowners, business and professionals, distant students, switch companies, and early shopping.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for paid in full, teen drivers, good students, students away at school, and company cars.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts including accident prevention training, safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, good students, and homeowners.
- USAA may offer discounts for military installation, family discount, vehicle storage, driver training, and safe driver.
If you want inexpensive auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company about the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your state.
Lower the Price of 2018 Toyota Camry Car Insurance with These Tips
A large part of saving on insurance knows a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better insurance rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies used to determine your premiums.
- Extra policy coverage may not be needed – Policies have extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Add-on coverage like personal injury protection, towing, and membership fees may cost you every month. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them, remove them and pocket the money.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Which gender costs less? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes have accidents at a similar rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI or reckless driving.
- Insurance is expensive for young drivers – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends, so they pay higher insurance rates. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Single drivers take more risks – Being married helps lower the price when buying insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature, and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Everyone Needs Different Insurance Coverage
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique, so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverage that can help discover if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2018 Toyota Camry?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does my policy cover my teen drivers if they drive my company car?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent.
Insurance coverage 101
Understanding the coverage of your insurance policy can help you determine the right coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverage found on the average insurance policy.
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100. That means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally, you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as emergency aid, structural damage and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but its cheap coverage, so purchase higher limits if possible.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your Camry resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible, then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provides coverage for short-term medical expenses such as hospital visits, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are used to covering expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states, but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payment’s coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Toyota Camry.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently, these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The maximum amount an insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple of dollars of savings had turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting. Smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost 2018 Toyota Camry insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area