2018 Toyota Camry Insurance Rates
Average insurance rates for a 2018 Toyota Camry are $1,412 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $294, collision costs $570, and liability costs $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $452 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $3,066 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $5,266 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,412
Rate estimates for 2018 Toyota Camry Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Toyota Camry models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $452 for basic liability insurance to a much higher rate of $3,066 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Companies will appear below. Click here to view full page.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2018 Toyota Camry Insurance
Are you burned out from scraping the payment together to pay high insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than millions of other people.
People have many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to adequately compare rates.
Buying the best coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Essentially everyone who buys insurance coverage will more than likely be able to reduce their rates. But consumers must understand how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web.
Cheapest insurance coverage quotes
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from companies that offer insurance coverage in your state. By far the easiest way to find the lowest 2018 Toyota Camry rates is to jump online and get quotes. This is very easy and can be done in a couple minutes as outlined below.
Recommended Companies for the Best Insurance Rates
- Without a doubt, the easiest way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This style of form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for every company. Taking the time to complete one form will return quotes from insurance coverage companies with the best prices.
- A more time consuming way to shop for insurance coverage online consists of going to each individual company website and go through the quote process again. For example, we’ll pretend you want rates from Farmers, Liberty Mutual and American Family. In order to compare rates, you need to take the time to go to each site to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which can be really labor intensive. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
The method you choose is up to you, but be certain you are entering exactly the same coverages with every price quote. If you are comparing different data it will be next to impossible to make a fair rate comparison. Quoting even small variations in limits can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes will enable you to find better pricing. Some smaller insurers to not give online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
Insurance coverage discounts are available to cut your rates
Insurance coverage is not an enjoyable expense, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a auto insurance quote.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% on Camry coverage with select insurance companies.
- Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy cost.
Larger insurance coverage companies and a selection of discounts are:
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, driver training, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, multi-policy, accident-free, location of vehicle, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for mature driver, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, business and professional, distant student, switch companies, and early shopping.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for paid in full, teen driver, good student, student away at school, and company car.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts including accident prevention training, safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- USAA may offer discounts for military installation, family discount, vehicle storage, driver training, and safe driver.
If you want inexpensive auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer discounts, click here.
Lower the price of insurance with these tips
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better insurance rates.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine your premiums.
- Extra policy coverages may not be needed – Policies have extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, towing, and membership fees may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Which gender costs less? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes have accidents at a similar rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Insurance is expensive for youthful drivers – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Single drivers take more risk – Being married helps lower the price when buying insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Everyone needs different insurance coverage coverages
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2018 Toyota Camry?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as emergency aid, structural damage and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your Camry resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as hospital visits, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Toyota Camry.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost 2018 Toyota Camry insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
Additional insurance information can be found below:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
Find the Cheapest Quotes in Your Area
Get multiple rate quotes instantly and find your cheapest rate
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,235|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,412|
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$106|
|5-yr Claim Free||$92|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$66|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.