Cheapest 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance coverage rates for your Toyota Camry Hybrid? Finding low-cost insurance for a Toyota Camry Hybrid can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance coverage buying tips to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance coverage online and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates for your Toyota and obtain the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
You should take the time to compare premium rates on a regular basis because insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Camry Hybrid coverage two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance coverage on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some excellent ideas to reduce your insurance coverage bill.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Finding the lowest cost coverage is not that difficult. Drivers just need to know how to shop their coverage around on the web.
Discounts for cheap insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not advertise every policy discount very well, so below is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off on Camry Hybrid coverage with select insurance companies.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may be able to get better insurance rates on Camry Hybrid coverage.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow driving data submission to study driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with cheaper premium rates.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Farmers may offer discounts for good driver, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for accident-free, age of vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and multi-car.
- Nationwide may include discounts for business or organization, family plan, accident-free, multi-policy, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, seat belt use, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multi-car.
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Informed consumers know how to buy car insurance more affordably
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings. Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are some of the things companies use to determine rates.
- Cut premiums and deter theft – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Responsible drivers pay better rates – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Even a single ticket can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received careless violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase car insurance rates – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines and jail time. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Your credit rating is important – A driver’s credit score can be an important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid by improving your rating. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
- Your career may increase car insurance rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as lawyers, business owners and financial analysts are shown to have the highest rates attributed to intense work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, careers like actors, athletes and retirees get better rates on Camry Hybrid coverage.
- Teenage vs. experienced drivers – Inexperience drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents , and usually have better credit.
- You might get higher prices if you are single – Your spouse may save some money on your car insurance policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
You may need specialized insurance coverage coverage
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses such as EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, damage from flooding, hitting a deer, fire damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like pain and suffering, bail bonds, funeral expenses and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Camry Hybrid from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered many tips how you can lower your 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance prices. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper insurance. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Lower-priced insurance can be purchased online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area