2018 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2018 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible are $1,192 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $284, collision insurance costs $524, and liability insurance costs $274. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $322 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,574. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,266 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,192
Rate estimates for 2018 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $322 for just liability insurance to the much higher price of $2,574 for high-risk insurance.
These differences show why everyone should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Companies with Cheap 2018 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Insurance
Searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Volkswagen Beetle Convertible? Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to make your auto insurance payment? Your situation is no different than the majority of other vehicle owners. Numerous insurers battle to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and get the definite cheapest price
It’s smart to compare rates occasionally because auto insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the best rate for Beetle Convertible coverage on your last policy you can probably find a better premium rate now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Reducing your 2018 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible insurance rates is an easy way to save money. The only requirement is to take the time comparing free insurance quotes from different insurance companies. You can get a good selection of rate quotes by following the guidelines below.
- Experts agree that the best way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This method eliminates the need for separate forms for each company you want a rate for. One form gets insurance cost estimates direct from many companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to get comparison quotes is going to each company website and go through the quote process again. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you need rates from Liberty Mutual, State Farm and GMAC. In order to compare rates, you need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The most difficult method to find and compare rates is calling or driving to local insurance agencies. The ability to quote online makes this unnecessary unless you prefer the personal advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but be sure to compare the exact same coverage data for each price quote. If your comparisons have differing limits you will not be able to determine which company has the best rates.
These eight discounts can cut car insurance rates
Some companies don’t list every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Resident Student – Older children living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison to bad drivers.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% for Beetle Convertible coverage with some car insurance companies.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts, follow this link.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2018 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage specifics
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like dental work, funeral costs and pain medications. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Beetle Convertible from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hitting a deer, theft and vandalism. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,887|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,037|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$93|
|5-yr Claim Free||$78|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$59|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.