Volkswagen Volkswagen Beetle Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
There isn’t a single driver out there who likes having to buy insurance, particularly when their premiums are through the roof. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO all claim big savings with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates change frequently. Just because you had the best deal for Beetle coverage two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use the internet to get good coverage at a lower rate.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. Consumers just need to understand the most effective way to get comparison quotes on the web.
Where can you find cheap auto insurance?
Comparing auto insurance rates can be a daunting task if you don’t understand the best way to get rate quotes. You can spend your afternoon discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could use the web for quick rates.
The majority of car insurance companies take part in a program that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and at least one company returns a rated price determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions to each company.
Want to compare auto insurance companies to find the best rates? Just enter your ZIP code into our free comparison tool to get started.
The only downside to pricing coverage this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which carriers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to compare the exact same coverages and limits on every quote. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to make an equal comparison.
How to Save on Volkswagen Beetle Insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked about before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Passive Restraints and Airbags – Cars that have airbags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Beetle coverage than drivers with accidents.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts, enter your ZIP code here.
Tailor Your Coverage to Your Personal Situation
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions could help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical coverage do I need?
- Does my 2012 Volkswagen Beetle qualify for pleasure use?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Factors Determining Your Volkswagen Beetle Insurance Premium
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single moving violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who get severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- How credit affects insurance coverage rates – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2012 Volkswagen Beetle by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Your location is important – Choosing to live in a rural area can save you money when buying insurance coverage. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
Learn About Car Insurance Coverages for a 2012 Volkswagen Beetle
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills such as nursing services, dental work, X-ray expenses, pain medications and surgery. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical services, legal defense fees, structural damage and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Auto Collision Coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Saving on the Cost of 2012 Volkswagen Beetle Insurance: Summary
In this article, we covered a lot of tips on how to compare 2012 Volkswagen Beetle insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Affordable insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
More helpful information can be read on the following sites:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area