2019 Acura ILX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2019 Acura ILX are $1,442 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $320 a year, collision costs $566, and liability coverage costs around $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $460 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $3,116 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $5,330 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,442
Rate estimates for 2019 Acura ILX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Acura ILX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $460 for only liability insurance to a high of $3,116 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Acura ILX Insurance
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates for your Acura ILX? I really doubt anyone likes having to buy insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find better rates elsewhere. Popular companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate promote their brand names with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. Consumers just need to understand the tricks to shop their coverage around on the web.
Affordable insurance coverage rates with discounts
Insurance coverage is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to study driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To find insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts, enter your zip code here.
How to lower your insurance premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that help determine your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower auto insurance prices. Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
- You might want pay the small insurance claims yourself – Auto insurance companies provide most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Vehicle features can affect auto insurance rates – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft.
- Coverage lapses lead to higher prices – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Extra coverages that may not be needed – Policies have additional coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Multiple policies with one company – Some insurers will give better rates to insureds who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2019 Acura ILX?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the cheapest premium rates by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make an identical promise about savings if you move your policy.
That’s great but how can every company give you a better price? This is the trick they use.
Most companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of customer that earns them the most money. An example of this type of driver might be between 25 and 40, has other policies, and has great credit. Any new insured that fits those parameters will probably get cheap premium rates and therefore will save a lot if they switch.
Potential customers who fall outside these criteria must pay a more expensive rate which leads to the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “people that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. Different companies use different criteria so you should get as many free insurance coverage quotes as possible. Because you never know with any certainty which company will provide you with the cheapest car insurance rates.
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Acura ILX.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your ILX from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
This will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability can pay for claims such as court costs, loss of income, pain and suffering, structural damage and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and damage from getting keyed. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills for chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and funeral costs. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Summing up your auto insurance search
More affordable auto insurance can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,280|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,466|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$107|
|5-yr Claim Free||$93|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$67|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.