Chevrolet Chevrolet Impala Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody I know likes buying insurance, especially when it costs too dang much.
Due to the increasing number of options when it comes to insurance, it can be impossible to locate a more affordable insurance company.
Buying car insurance is not that difficult. Basically, everyone who is shopping for insurance will most likely be able to find better rates. Although consumers do need to understand how insurance companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Save money with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some need to be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy may allow you to get discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums for Impala coverage.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Theft Deterent – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to view insurance companies who offer online insurance quotes, enter your zip code here.
What is the best insurance coverage coverage?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2019 Chevy Impala?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code.
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your Impala resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses like X-ray expenses, nursing services and pain medications. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Stretch your dollar
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your 2019 Chevy Impala insurance prices. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Lower-priced auto insurance can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you need to quote car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in these articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area