2019 Ford GT Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Ford GT? Are you irritated from being strong-armed each month for insurance coverage? Your situation is no different than many other vehicle owners. Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO promote their brand names with ads and it can be hard to see past the corporate glitz and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes at least once a year because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest rate on GT coverage a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding insurance coverage on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some tested techniques to quit paying high insurance coverage rates.
You may qualify for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Paper-free Discount – Many companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Good Student – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their insurance quote on GT coverage compared to accident prone drivers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, multiple autos, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, federal employee, defensive driver, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safe driver, multi-car, accident prevention training, homeowner, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for teen driver, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, mature driver, and switch companies.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- USAA offers discounts including family discount, safe driver, annual mileage, loyalty savings, military installation, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer cheap insurance quotes, enter your zip code here.
Compare car insurance quotes
All the larger car insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get price estimates from their websites. The process doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system requests your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information. This makes it simple to compare prices but the time required to go to many different websites and fill out multiple forms is a waste of time. But it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to get the best price on car insurance.
There is an easier way!
A less time-consuming method to locate the lowest prices utilizes a single form to get prices from more than one company. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping a lot less work. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the price quotes you receive.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, simply enter your zip code here and submit your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2019 Ford GT is totaled?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, damage from flooding and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for funeral costs, chiropractic care and doctor visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
At the end of the day…
Lower-priced 2019 Ford GT insurance can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce 2019 Ford GT insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable insurance. You may even discover the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
As you quote insurance, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area