2019 Ford Ranger Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Ford Ranger? Are you sick and tired of being strong-armed each month for insurance coverage? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers.
Companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive all promote huge savings with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
How insurance providers calculate Ford Ranger insurance premiums
Lots of things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but some are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Does your occupation cost you more? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as real estate brokersairline pilots and dentists tend to have higher premium rates due to intense work-related stress and long work days. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, historians and homemakers get better rates on Ranger coverage.
- Better car insurance rates with anti-theft devices – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Keep claims to a minimum – Car insurance companies generally give the best rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for larger claims.
- Married people drive safer – Your spouse may earn you lower rates on car insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Choosing to live in a rural area may provide you with better prices when it comes to car insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims People in densly populated areas regularly have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Low cost insurance coverage rate quotes
The majority of larger companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get prices directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing doesn’t take much effort as all you need to do is type in your coverage information into a form. Upon sending the form, the system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. Online price estimates makes it easy to compare insurance prices but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s also necessary to perform this step in order to get the lowest insurance coverage rates.
An easier way to get multiple rate quotes makes use of a single form to get prices from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes rate comparisons much more efficient. After sending the form, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any of the quotes returned.
If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. The whole process only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, simply enter your zip code here and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the coverage information identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
Pay discount rates these discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% on Ranger coverage depending on your company.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a insurance quote on Ranger coverage.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers may include discounts for IntelliDrive, early quote, home ownership, multi-car, and save driver.
- Nationwide has savings for easy pay, good student, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include early shopping, homeowner, bundle discounts, distant student, teen driver, youthful driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good student, renters, multi-car, homeowner, paid-in-full, and safety device.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, anti-theft, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, good driver, professional/association, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask every company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in every state. To choose providers who offer online car insurance quotes, enter your zip code here.
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete your zip code.
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses such as pain medications, dental work and ambulance fees. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Ranger resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance – This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, funeral expenses, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a deer. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford Ranger.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
A penny earned…
You just learned a lot of information how to get a better price on 2019 Ford Ranger insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When searching for cheaper insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
More information can be found at the links below
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area