2019 Jeep Cherokee Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Jeep Cherokee are $1,614 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs approximately $320 a year, collision insurance costs $596, and liability costs $498. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $574 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $3,492 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $6,104 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,614
Rate estimates for 2019 Jeep Cherokee Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Jeep Cherokee models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range range from as low as $574 for basic liability insurance to a high of $3,492 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Jeep Cherokee Insurance
Searching for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Jeep Cherokee? Have you finally had enough of not being able to scrape enough together to make your insurance coverage payment? You have the same problem as millions of other consumers.
Multiple car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider and uncover the absolute lowest price
How to compare insurance rate quotes
To find the cheapest auto insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from different companies. The best way to find the lowest 2019 Jeep Cherokee rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be done in a couple minutes as outlined below.
- The fastest and easiest way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form. This quick form eliminates the need for a different quote for each company you want a rate for. Filling out one form gets you coverage quotes direct from many companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to analyze rates is to manually visit each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare prices for Auto-Owners, Progressive and GMAC. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which explains why we recommend starting with the first method.
- The most time-consuming way to comparison shop is to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. Shopping for insurance online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible comparison shop your insurance online and get advice from an agent in your area.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just compare nearly identical quote data for every company. If each company quotes mixed coverages it’s not possible to get a fair rate comparison. Slightly different limits may result in a large different in cost. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now.
Car insurance policy discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every disount available very well, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy auto insurance online.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on Cherokee insurance as compared to drivers with claims.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will cut your car insurance premiums.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are:
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers may include discounts for good student, driver training, early quote, save driver, student away at school, IntelliDrive, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- SAFECO has savings for safe driver, teen safe driver, multi-car, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, and good driver.
If you want cheaper auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer online car insurance quotes, enter your zip code here.
Insurance rate influencing factors
Multiple criteria are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- How do annual miles impact rates? – The more you drive annually the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy reflects the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Cherokee can result in significantly higher rates.
- Better drivers pay lower premiums – Having a single citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Good drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get flagrant tickets like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Occupation impacts premiums – Careers like doctors, executives and emergency personnel generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of job stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and retirees receive lower rates on Cherokee insurance.
- Save money with higher coverage deductibles – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Jeep. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be on Cherokee insurance.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – The majority of insurance companies provide discounts to buyers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Your spouse saves you money – Your spouse may save some money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Drivers with little experience are proven to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so car insurance rates are higher. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code.
Misconceptions in car insurance advertisements
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use television, radio, and online ads. All the ads advertise the message about saving some big amount if you get a free auto insurance quote and switch your car insurance policy to them. Is it even possible that every company can charge less that you’re paying now? This is how they do it.
Car insurance companies provide the lowest rates for a prospective insured that will generate a profit. For example, a desirable risk could possibly be over the age of 40, carries high limits, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any person that fits those parameters will probably get cheap premium rates and will most likely save a lot if they switch.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to those standards will be charged higher prices with the end result being the customer not buying. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. Different companies use different criteria so it’s extremely important to do a quote comparison often. Because you cannot predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for things like nursing services, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, doctor visits and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage pays for claims like emergency aid, structural damage, court costs and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a deer, fire damage, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This will pay to fix damage to your Cherokee resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2019 Jeep Cherokee.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
In any little way, save everyday
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare 2019 Jeep Cherokee insurance car insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
More information can be read on the following sites:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,544|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,757|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$117|
|5-yr Claim Free||$104|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$72|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.