Cheapest 2014 Jeep Cherokee Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody I know enjoys paying for auto insurance, in particular when they are paying too much. Having so many options, it is hard for the average consumer to find the lowest cost provider.
It’s important to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best price on Cherokee insurance a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the only way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Finding Car Insurance Deals
Getting a lower price on 2014 Jeep Cherokee insurance is not a difficult process. The only thing you need to do is take time getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The recommended way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for boring form submissions to each individual car insurance company. One simple form gets rate comparisons from car insurance companies with the best prices.
- Another way to compare rate quotes is to take the time to go to each company website and request a quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare Progressive, State Farm and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you have differing limits it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies say the same thing about savings if you move to their company.
But how can every company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 40, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile must pay higher prices which leads to business not being written. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can advertise the savings. This illustrates why it’s extremely important to quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know the company that will give you the biggest savings on Jeep Cherokee insurance.
Jeep Cherokee insurance rates can be determined by these details
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine auto insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
The following are some of the factors that factor into premiums.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. If you have severe violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – Auto insurance companies provide discounts to drivers who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse helps lower the price on auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Drive less and save money – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect usage on your Cherokee may be costing you.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Jeep from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Cherokee insurance.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10% on Cherokee insurance.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance on Cherokee insurance.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply everywhere.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for nursing services, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Jeep Cherokee.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This coverage covers damage to your Cherokee resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from getting keyed, theft, hail damage, hitting a deer and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Power to the consumer
Cost effective 2014 Jeep Cherokee insurance is available on the web as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just covered many ways to compare insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance coverage is with the least-expected company. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area