How Much Does 2019 Toyota Corolla Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates for your Toyota Corolla? Having to pay for pricey auto insurance can stress out your savings account and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Comparing price quotes is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
There are many car insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, more options can take longer to find the lowest cost provider.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best rates on Corolla insurance on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Finding the best rates is not rocket science. If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Consumers only need to know the proper way to buy auto insurance online.
Cheaper auto insurance quotes with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Most are applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors could receive reduced rates on Corolla insurance.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower prices.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% on Corolla insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on insurance quote when compared with frequent claim filers.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies that have some of the above discounts include:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in your area. To find insurers offering auto insurance discounts, enter your zip code here.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details such as driver ages, marital status, how many miles driven, and the year, make and model of vehicles. The data is submitted instantly to all major companies and they return rate quotes instantly.
To find the cheapest 2019 Toyota Corolla insurance rates, click here and enter the information requested.
Smart buyers can reduce their insurance prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you cheaper rates. Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces that factor into prices.
- Bad drivers pay high premiums – Even one moving violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Never go without insurance – Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
- Too many claims and you’ll pay more – Companies award lower rates to people who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Toyota in a year’s time the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Make sure your insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Corolla can result in significantly higher rates.
- Vehicle options that lower premiums – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder auto theft.
- Liability protection claims can be big – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in when you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- How old are your drivers? – Teenage drivers have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Having to add a teenage driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents and are safer drivers.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – The deductibles you choose define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive on Corolla insurance.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Is my 2019 Toyota Corolla covered for flood damage?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and enter your zip code. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Toyota Corolla.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like theft, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for surgery, dental work, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverages – This will pay to fix damage to your Corolla resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, legal defense fees, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Be a Smart Shopper
We just presented a lot of tips how to lower your 2019 Toyota Corolla insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheap insurance. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area