2020 Acura ILX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2020 Acura ILX are $1,450 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $332 a year, collision insurance costs $570, and liability costs around $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $452 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $3,130 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,326 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,450
Rate estimates for 2020 Acura ILX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 Acura ILX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $452 for just liability insurance to a high of $3,130 for high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why it is important for drivers to compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 Acura ILX Insurance
Paying for high-priced Acura ILX insurance can dry up your budget and force you to make tough financial choices. Comparing rate quotes can be a smart way to lower your bills every month.
Since you have so many different company options, it can be diffult for drivers to find the most cost effective insurer.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes every six months due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on ILX coverage a year ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because we’re going to demonstrate one of the easiest ways to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Buying affordable insurance coverage coverage is quite easy. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Consumers just need to understand the most efficient way to shop their coverage around online.
How to compare free auto insurance quotes
Cutting your auto insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. You just have to take a few minutes to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. Insurance prices can be quoted using one of these methods.
- The fastest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form. This quick form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for each company. One form compares rates direct from many companies.
- A different way to analyze rates requires a visit to the website for each individual company and get a separate price quote. For example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, Safeco and Travelers. You would need to visit each site and enter your information, which is not fast way to get rate quotes.
- The least recommended method to get comparison rates is physically going to each insurance agency near you. The ability to quote online eliminates the middleman unless you’re the type of person who wants the personal advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Drivers can compare online quotes and still use a local agent.
The approach you take is up to you, just double check that you are using apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits on every price quote you get. If you enter different values for each quote you can’t possibly make an equal comparison.
Find discounts on insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Some of these disounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who agree to allow companies to analyze driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course in safe driver could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, multiple autos, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- Nationwide includes discounts for Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, good student, easy pay, family plan, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, and membership and employees.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century offers discounts for air bags, driver training, defensive driver, theft prevention, 55 and older, good student, and automatic seat belts.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, anti-theft, driver training, good student, and defensive driver.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your area. To view insurers with the best insurance discounts, enter your zip code here.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2020 Acura ILX?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete your zip code. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Liability insurance – Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Acura ILX.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a broken windshield, hail damage, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, ambulance fees and dental work. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your ILX caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
At the end of the day…
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented a lot of techniques to compare 2020 Acura ILX insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,295|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,481|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$107|
|5-yr Claim Free||$93|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$67|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.