2020 Audi TT RS Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2020 Audi TT RS are $1,686 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $438 a year, collision insurance costs $780, and liability costs $332. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $388 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $3,638 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,910 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,686
Rate estimates for 2020 Audi TT RS Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 Audi TT RS models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $388 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a high of $3,638 for high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 Audi TT RS Insurance
Consumers have options when looking for affordable Audi TT RS insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Audi and get the lowest price.
Consumers need to do price comparisons before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best rates on TT RS insurance last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the right way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Learn how to find insurance for less
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get big savings. Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the things insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Where do you drive? – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Incorrect rating for your TT RS is throwing money out the window. Double check that your vehicle rating states the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Do you work long hours in a demanding job? – Careers such as military generalspolice officers and medical professionals tend to have the highest average rates attributed to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Other careers like farmers, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates on TT RS insurance.
- Always keep your insurance policy in place – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Getting just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received serious violations like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Compare free insurance quotes
There are several ways to compare insurance quotes, but some are more efficient than others. You can waste a lot of time talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get prices fast.
Many insurance companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to enter their policy data once, and at least one company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This eliminates the need for quote requests to each individual insurance company. To get comparison pricing now enter your zip code here.
The one downside to doing it this way is you are unable to specify which companies to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose from a list of companies for rate comparison, we have a page of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just be certain you are entering equivalent information with each company. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to make an equal comparison.
More discounts mean affordable premiums
Buying insurance coverage is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Theft Deterent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a auto insurance quote.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, air bags, federal employee, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, multi-car, safe driver, accident prevention training, homeowner, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving training, accident-free, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- MetLife has savings for good student, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver
- 21st Century has discounts for student driver, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, early bird, and teen driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your area. To locate providers with discount insurance coverage rates, enter your zip code here.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2020 Audi TT RS?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and enter your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your TT RS caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability car insurance
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, bail bonds, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Audi TT RS.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as falling objects, vandalism and hail damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like surgery, dental work, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage on a shoestring budget
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can compare 2020 Audi TT RS insurance car insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
More affordable auto insurance can be found on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in these articles:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,658|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,880|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$134|
|5-yr Claim Free||$111|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$86|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.