2020 Honda Civic Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2020 Honda Civic are $1,536 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $280 each year, collision costs $656, and liability costs $420. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $494 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $3,360 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $5,820 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,536
Rate estimates for 2020 Honda Civic Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 Honda Civic models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $494 for just liability coverage to a high rate of $3,360 for high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why all drivers should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 Honda Civic Insurance
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Honda Civic? Are you confused by the number of car insurance sources? vehicle owners have such a vast assortment of sources available that it can quickly become a real challenge to find the perfect company for you.
You can change your insurance rates
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Save money with theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Driving citations mean higher rates – Good drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates substantially. Drivers with multiple violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- When should you file a insurance coverage claims? – Insurance companies give the best rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Lots of insurance companies afford discounts to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal. You may still save more without the discount by buying from different companies
- Your credit history is important – An insured’s credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your 2020 Honda Civic by improving your rating.
- Big city or small town – Being located in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Is you job costing you more? – Jobs such as military generalsairline pilots and emergency personnel have the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations like actors, athletes and the unemployed pay the least on Civic coverage.
Compare car insurance rates
All major car insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give coverage price quotes online. Obtaining pricing is fairly simple as you simply type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered.
Online quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit several different sites and type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. But it’s necessary to perform this step if you want to get the lowest car insurance rates.
Find the Cheapest Quotes in Your Area
Get multiple rate quotes instantly and find your cheapest rate
The smarter way to compare car insurance pricing uses just one form to get prices from a lot of companies. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you are able to buy your choice of the quotes returned. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and could lower your rates considerably.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, simply enter your zip code here and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Use discounts on car insurance
Some companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Student Discounts – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less may allow you to get lower car insurancerates due to less chance of an accident.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow data collection to look at where and when they drive remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers are able to get a small discount on rates on Civic coverage.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on your computer.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for youthful driver, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, and mature driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, passive restraint, safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new move discount, newly retired, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, and newly married.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, accident-free, defensive driver
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply to policies everywhere.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code.
Insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage pays for damage to your Civic caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as attorney fees, medical expenses, legal defense fees and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 2020 Honda Civic.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills such as nursing services, dental work, funeral costs, hospital visits and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
And the best car insurance company is…
Some insurance providers may not have online price quotes and these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Cost effective 2020 Honda Civic insurance is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your 2020 Honda Civic insurance car insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, denial of a claim, delays in paying claims and high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,427|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,628|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$119|
|5-yr Claim Free||$100|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$73|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.