2020 Mazda CX-3 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2020 Mazda CX-3 are $1,324 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $294, collision costs $482, and liability coverage costs around $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $452 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,844. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,916 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,324
Rate estimates for 2020 Mazda CX-3 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 Mazda CX-3 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $452 for basic liability insurance to a much higher rate of $2,844 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 Mazda CX-3 Insurance
Looking for better insurance rates for your Mazda CX-3? Scraping up a payment for pricey Mazda CX-3 insurance can draw down your bank account, especially in this economy. Doing a rate analysis can lower your rates and help to make ends meet.
Big-name insurance companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm constantly blast consumers with ads and it is difficult to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just need to learn the proper way to compare price quotes online.
Earn discounts on auto insurance
Some providers don’t always list all disounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a lower rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease on CX-3 coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums on CX-3 coverage.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as compared to frequent claim filers.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include alternative fuel, good student, business and professional, multi-car, youthful driver, and bundle discounts.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Esurance has discounts for emergency road assistance, multi-car, online quote, Switch & Save, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO includes discounts for safe driver, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, accident-free, and student away at school.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available in your area. To locate auto insurance companies with significant discounts, enter your zip code here.
Learn how to lower your insurance rates
When buying insurance coverage it’s important to understand the factors that are used to determine your insurance coverage rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings. Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Always keep your insurance coverage in force – Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- How many miles do you drive? – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your CX-3 can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance coverage policy properly reflects the correct usage.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Most major companies afford a discount to people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Gender is a factor – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women are in accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- How much liability – The liability section of your policy will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for an accident. This coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – An insured’s credit rating will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. People with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit is low, you may save money insuring your 2020 Mazda CX-3 by improving your credit score.
- Frequent insurance coverage claims will cost you more – Auto insurance companies give most affordable rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for more catestrophic claims.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out your zip code. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of auto insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as falling objects, vandalism and damage from flooding. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance
This can cover damage that occurs to people or other property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as funeral expenses, pain and suffering, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses such as X-ray expenses, nursing services and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Mazda CX-3.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Have the Midas touch
Lower-priced 2020 Mazda CX-3 insurance can be purchased online in addition to many insurance agents, so get free car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can save on 2020 Mazda CX-3 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest prices come from an unexpected company. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,091|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,259|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$95|
|5-yr Claim Free||$84|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$59|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.