How Much Does 2020 Porsche Panamera Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Porsche Panamera? Have you had enough of being strong-armed to pay your insurance coverage bill each month? You are no different than many other drivers. Drivers have so many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, it can be more difficult to locate the cheapest rates.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because insurance prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Panamera insurance last year you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about insurance coverage on the internet, but I’m going to show you some good information on how to put money back in your pocket.
Why informed drivers pay less for Porsche Panamera insurance
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Gender and auto insurance costs – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Rural areas have lower rates – Having an address in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. People in densly populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Careless driving leads to higher prices – Being a careful driver impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Even one chargable violation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten dangerous violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Decrease auto insurance rates by maintaining coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
- Married people drive safer – Your spouse can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Marriage translates into being more responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
How to get insurance price quotes
Shopping for lower insurance rates can take hours if you don’t understand the easiest way. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get prices fast.
Many insurance companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and each company can give them a price. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions to each individual insurance company. To compare rates now enter your zip code here.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the companies you want to price. If you wish to select specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of companies who write insurance in your area. Click to enter zip code.
Whichever way you use, make sure you are using equivalent coverage information for each comparison quote. If you are comparing different liability limits it will be very difficult to find the best deal for your Porsche Panamera.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but occassionally some discounts must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Porsche can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may be able to get better car insurance rates on Panamera insurance.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% on Panamera insurance depending on your company.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because newer models are generally safer.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for annual mileage, location of vehicle, good student, multi-policy, type of vehicle, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, multi-car, good student, teen driver, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for youthful driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, driver’s education, good driver, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Allstate offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, resident student, premier discount, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, federal employee, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and membership and employees.
Before buying, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies with discount car insurance rates, enter your zip code here.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as pain and suffering, medical services, structural damage and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Panamera resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a broken windshield, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM Coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2020 Porsche Panamera.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like nursing services, pain medications and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
The bottom line
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Affordable 2020 Porsche Panamera insurance can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
You just read a lot of information how to shop for 2020 Porsche Panamera insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheap insurance coverage. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. Regional companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area